There's a lot to learn about coming into Genshin Impact, including the different characters you can play as, how to increase your Adventure Rank, and even how to effectively level your own characters. One of the most important part of outfitting your character is equipping them with Genshin Impact Artifacts.
The Artifacts take the place of traditional armor, and while none of the pieces are cosmetic, they can go a long way to change up your character. You can get Artifacts from adventuring, completing quests, and opening chests. You'll end up with way more than you ever need.
What Are the Different Types of Genshin Impact Artifacts?
Unlike traditional games where you might see armor sets consisting of plate mail or helmets and greaves, the Genshin Impact Artifacts are broken out into very different allotments. The types of artifacts that you pick up fall into the following categories:
- Flower of Life
- Plume of Death
- Sands of Eon
- Goblet of Eonothem
- Circlet of Logos
Each of your character can equip one of these items to a space, and with it they will be granted with some kind of ability/stat buff. Items might simply add more HP to your own, or increase the rate in which you recharge your energy.
Just like other equipment and even meals you cook, the Genshin Impact Artifacts are also broken up into different star levels ranging from 1-Star, the extremely common and less powerful artifacts, to the 5-Star, extremely rare and powerful kind.
A 1-Star Adventurer's Tail Feather might only grant an additional 8 ATK to the equipped character, but a 4-Star Beserker's Indigo Feather might not only add 42 ATK, but also increase ATK by 4.7% and Def by 13. It's always worth it after a few hours of adventuring to go back into your inventory and see what you can do to strengthen your characters, even if it's only a bit more.
Because the gear you get is constantly increasing aside from filling out quests to enhance your Artifacts in the Adventurers Handbook, it's likely not going to be much help to rank up your Artifacts until you have the pieces you enjoy so that you're not wasting any materials.
What Benefits Can I Gain from Leveling my Genshin Impact Artifacts?
The big benefit from leveling up your Artifacts is that they not only get stronger, but they can also gain new abilities. As they level, the primary stat of the Artifact will scale up, but the additional stats will remain the same.
At certain levels like Rank 4 and Rank 8, your Artifact will gain another additional stat. What this further stat will be is completely random, but it can do a lot to shape the way you could use the item.
Using the Berserker's Indigo Feather I mentioned above as an example:
Berserker's Indigo Feather
- Level 1
- ATK: 42
- ATK Rate: +4.7%
- DEF: 13
- Level 4
- ATK: 90
- ATK Rate: +4.7%
- DEF: 13
- DEF Rate: +4.7%
Not only in 4 levels has the ATK stat doubled, with the additional +4.7% DEF it further rounds out the capabilities of the Artifact. There is a limit to how strong a Genshin Impact Artifact can become, and that depends on what level of stars the artifact is. A 2-Star Artifact will only be able to get to Rank 4, while a 4-Star Artifact can reach Rank 16. The level limits are as follows:
- 2-Star - Rank 4
- 3-Star - Rank 12
- 4-Star - Rank 16
- 5-Star - Rank 20
What are the Genshin Impact Artifact Set Bonuses?
Each Genshin Impact Artifact belongs to a set. If you equip two or four items from a set to the same character it means you'll get an additional bonus. The theme from the two-item to four-item bonuses normally scales up, so it's up to you whether you want to have two better bonuses from a single set, or, as there are five possible pieces of equipment you can have the, two-item bonus from two different sets.
There are 29 different item sets for Genshin Impact Artifacts.
Genshin Impact Artifact Set Bonuses
- Traveling Doctor
- 2 Pieces - Increases incoming healing by 20%
- 4 Pieces - Using Elemental Bursts restores 20% HP
- 2 Pieces - Max HP increased by 1,000
- 4 Pieces - Opening a chest regenerates 30% Max HP over 5 seconds
- Resolution of Sojourner
- 2 Pieces - ATK +18%
- 4 Pieces - Increases Charged Attack CRIT by 30%
- 2 Pieces - CRIT Rate +12%
- 4 Pieces - When HP is below 70% CRIT Rate increases an additional 24%
- Martial Artist
- 2 Pieces - Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 15%
- 4 Pieces - After using Elemental Skills, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 25% for 8 seconds
- 2 Pieces - Increases Elemental mastery by 80
- 4 Pieces - After using Elemental Skill, increases all party members’ Elemental Mastery by 120 for 8 seconds
- The Exile
- 2 Pieces - Energy Recharge +20%
- 4 Pieces - Using an Elemental Burst regenerates 2 Energy for other party members every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. This effect cannot stack.
- Lucky Dog
- 2 Pieces - DEF increased by 100
- 4 Pieces - Picking up Mora restores 300 HP
- 2 Pieces - Energy Recharge +20%
- 4 Pieces - Gaining Energy gives 3 Energy to all party members who have a bow or a catalyst equipped. Can only occur once every 3 seconds
- Brave Heart
- 2 Pieces - ATK Increased by 18%
- 4 Pieces - Charged Attack CRIT Rate +30%
- Defender’s Will
- 2 Pieces - DEF Increased by 30%
- 4 Pieces - Elemental RES increases by 30% for each element in the party
- Tiny Miracle
- 2 Pieces - Elemental RES increases by 20% for all elements
- 4 Pieces - Taking elemental damage increases RES by 30% for 10 seconds. Can only occur every 10 seconds
- 2 Pieces - Elemental Skill DMG increases by 20%
- 4 Pieces - Defeating an enemy will remove Elemental Skill cooldown. Can only occur every 15 seconds
- 2 Pieces - Electro RES increases by 40%
- 4 Pieces - Enemies affected by Electro take additional 35% DMG
- 2 Pieces - Pyro RES increased by 40%
- 4 Pieces - Enemies affected by Pyro take additional 35% DMG
- Maiden Beloved
- 2 Pieces - Character Healing increases 15%
- 4 Pieces - After Elemental Skill or Burst used, all party healing increases by 20% for 10 seconds
- Gladiator’s Finale
- 2 Pieces - ATK increases 18%
- 4 Pieces - If user wields a Sword, Claymore, or Polearm, Normal ATK increased by 35%
- Viridescent Venerer
- 2 Pieces - Anemo DMG increases 15%
- 4 Pieces - Swirl DMG increases by 60%. Decreases opponent RES to element infused in Swirl by 40% for 10 seconds
- Wanderer’s Troupe
- 2 Pieces - Elemental Mastery increases 80
- 4 Pieces - If user wields a Catalyst of Bow, Charged ATK increased by 35%
- Thundering Fury
- 2 Pieces - Electro DMG increases 15%
- 4 Pieces - Overload, Electro-Charged, and Superconduct DMG increases by 40%. Triggering combination decreases elemental skill cooldown by 1 second. Can only be used once per 0.8 seconds
- Crimson Witch of Flames
- 2 Pieces - Pyro DMG increases 15%
- 4 Pieces - Overloaded and Burning DMG increases by 40%. Vaporize and Melt DMG increases by 15%. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece effects by 50% for 10 seconds. Maximum stack number is 3
- Nobless Oblige
- 2 Pieces - Elemental Burst DMG increases 20%
- 4 Pieces - After Elemental Burst, all party members' ATK increased by 20% for 12 seconds. This ability cannot stack
- Bloodstained Chivalry
- 2 Pieces - Physical DMG increased by 25%
- 4 Pieces - Charged attack DMG increases by 50% after defeating an opponent and Stamina cost reduced to 0 for 10 seconds
- Archaic Petra
- Pieces - Geo DMG increases 15%
- 4 Pieces - After collecting Geo element crystal, all party members RES to that element increases by 35% for 10 seconds. This effect will only apply to one element at a time
- Retracing Bollide
- 2 Pieces - Increases shield effectiveness by 35%
- 4 Pieces - When in a shield, Normal and Charged attacks do 40% more DMG
Special Genshin Impact Artifacts
The following Artifacts are all Circlets of Logo, and there is only one piece to their set.
- Prayers for Illumination - Affected by Pyro for 40% less time
- Prayers for Destiny - Affected by Hydro for 40% less time
- Prayers for Wisdom - Affected by Electro for 40% less time
- Prayers to Springtime - Affected by Cryo for 40% less time
Which Genshin Impact Artifact set are you liking the sound of? Are there any powerful ones you've already come across? Do you prefer using two items sets? or focusing on one?
More Genshin Impact Guides
- General Guides
- Feature Guides
- Gameplay Guides
- Quest Guides