Xinyan is a fiery four-star character who has now been offered for free twice in Genshin Impact. The first time was during the Lantern Rite Festival in Liyue, and the second was during the Labyrinth Warriors event in Inazuma. She is a pyro claymore user who is an excellent sub-DPS unit, but with the right build, she can also be used as support on your team. The Xinyan Build Guide below goes over everything you need to know about making your Xinyan into a powerful unit.
Xinyan Constellations | Genshin Impact
Since Xinyan is a four-star unit, it’s generally pretty easy to get her constellations without pulling out your wallet. Xinyan is a character who has an extremely good constellation lineup, so it’s definitely worth getting her to C6. Here is what unlocking each constellation will grant you:
- C1 Fatal Acceleration: Landing a critical hit on an enemy will increase Xinyan’s normal and charge attack speed by 12% for five seconds; this effect can only happen once every five seconds.
- C2 Impromptu Opening: Xinyan’s elemental burst, “Riff Revolution,” will have a 100% crit rate bonus increase for physical attacks. In addition, Xinyan will gain a level three pyro shield.
- C3 Double-Stop: Xinyan’s talent “Sweeping Fervor” can now be upgraded to level 15.
- C4 Wildfire Rhythm: Xinayan’s elemental skill, “Sweeping Fervor,” can now decrease opponents’ physical resistance by 15% for twelve seconds. This happens when they are struck by Xinyan.
- C5 Screamin' for an Encore: Xinyan’s talent “Riff Revolution” can now be upgraded to level 15.
- C6 Rockin' in a Flaming World: Xinyan’s charged attacks take 30% less stamina to use, and her charge attacks now gain a 50% bonus based on her defense stat.
Without C3 and C5, you can’t fully finish leveling up Xinyan’s talents. In addition, the stat boost that Xinyan’s C6 constellation grants will make a huge difference in the Spiral Abyss and when fighting bosses.
Xinyan’s Passive Talents | Genshin Impact
Xinyan, like other characters in the game, comes with three passive talents. While the first passive talent will be unlocked from the beginning, the other two will only unlock once you have completed Xinyans first and fourth ascension.
- A Rad Recipe: When a defense boosting dish is cooked perfectly with Xinyan selected as your chef, you have a 12% chance of producing a double the dish.
- The Show Goes On, Even Without An Audience: You now have to defeat fewer opponents to reach each level of Xinyan’s shield.
- ..Now That's Rock 'N' Roll!: Xinyan’s elemental skill, “Sweeping Fervor,” now deals 15% more physical damage.
Best Artifacts to Use With Xiyan
Choosing artifacts for Xinyan is relatively simple; you just need to know if you want to have her built for DPS or support. Here are the best artifacts for each type of build:
Sub-DPS Artifact Set: Emblem of Severed Fate
Sub-DPS Xinyan is typically the most popular use of the character, and for this, you can use the artifact set Emblem of Severed Fate. This artifact set can be obtained from the Momiji-Dyed Court domain.
- It gives Xinyan +20% energy recharge as a two-piece set.
- As a four-piece set, it gives Xinyan +25% burst damage, up to a maximum of 75% burst damage.
DPS Artifact Set: Bloodstained Chivalry
If you are looking for a DPS Xinyan, then Bloodstained Chivalry is a safe bet. This set is rewarded at the Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern domain.
- The two-piece set gives Xinyan +25% physical damage.
- The four-piece set has the ability to increase both her physical and charged attack damage by 50% after she lands a hit on an enemy; it will also reduce her stamina consumption to zero for ten seconds.
Best Weapons to Use With Xinyan | Genshin Impact
As far as weapons go, there are a few good choices for Xiyan, one of them, of course, being a five-star. Here are the best weapons to use with Xinyan:
5-star Choice Wolf's Gravestone
Wolf’s Gravestone is the best weapon you can get for Xinyan, that is, if you get lucky enough to pull it from a banner.
- This claymore increases attack by 20% when an opponent is struck, and hitting an opponent with less the 30% health further enhances this effect by increasing your entire party’s attack by 40% for twelve seconds.
This sword has a base attack of 46 with a secondary stat that increases her attack by 10.8% at level one.
Free-to-Play Choice: Prototype Archaic
The prototype Archaic can be forged at the blacksmith in Liyue Harbor, making it an easy to obtain weapon for all.
- This claymore gives Xinyan a 50% chance to deal an additional 240% AoE damage to nearby enemies when she strikes an opponent.
The Prototype Archaic starts off with a base attack of 44 and a secondary stat that gives Xinyan an additional 6% attack at level one.
Top Picks for Xinyan’s Team | Genshin Impact
To truly get the most out of Xinyan, you will want to pair her with the right team. If you plan on having a DPS Xinyan, then consider adding the following characters to your party:
- Raiden Shogun
If you want to use Xinyan to support your team as a sub-DPS, then here are some main DPS characters she can mix well with:
- Raiden Shogun
You may need to do a few test fights to see which composition will work best with your playstyle. Genshin Impact continues to add in new characters, and as such, a better team composition may appear in the future for Xinyan.