Genshin Impact 2.5 update is out now and brings a new weekly boss for players to farm. At the End of the Oneiric Euthymia domain, players can tackle the powerful Raiden Shogun, who is a playable character and, now, a boss that drops valuable loot. In this Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Boss Guide, we'll go over how to unlock the fight, how to evade Raiden Shogun's attacks, and how to come out on top.
Where is Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact?
The Raiden Shogun boss fight can be found beneath the Grand Narukami Shrine on Narukami Island in Inazuma. You most likely have already been to this location and will have access to the area beneath the Grand Narukami Shrine.
How do I unlock Raiden Shogun Boss Fight?
The Raiden Shogun boss fight can be unlocked by completing the Raiden Shogun Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapters Act I and II. During Act II, you'll fight Raiden Shogun, but her true form where she uses all of her abilities will be available once the story quests are complete.
"Countless dreams once blew about here like petals in the wind, never to be fulfilled. This is the origin of Eternity, and it is also 'her' end."
What is the best team for Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Boss Fight?
To defeat Raiden Shogun, an Electro character is essential. This is to defeat the Flowers of Remembrance. On top of this, Shield characters are extremely beneficial to keeping your teammates safe from her high-damage attacks.
A Pyro, Cryo, or Hydro character can also be used to cause Elemental Reactions with Electro during the boss battle. It might be good to grab Bennett, Diona, or Barbara so you can do these reactions while also providing heals for your team.
How Do I Beat Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact?
Raiden Shogun's form is known as Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto during this boss battle, but to keep things simple, we'll continue to call her Raiden Shogun. The Raiden Shogun has many moves at her disposal, so we'll go over those now.
- Slashing: Raiden Shogun's normal slashes are extremely damaging. She will lunge at your characters with immense speed. Fortunately, these attacks are easy to read and, with practice, can be dodged effectively. Just be sure to retain stamina in the event you need to quickly dash out of the way.
- Lightning: Raiden Shogun will occasionally call upon Electro to strike your characters. Typically, she creates an AoE that must be avoided to escape incoming Electro DMG.
- One of these attacks causes rings of Electro to pulsate around the arena. Use a Geo construct, like Zhongli's Elemental Skill, to avoid these; alternatively, jump over them. This is now a rhythm game.
- Clones: Raiden Shogun will summon various clones of herself. To succeed here, you need to eliminate the correct illusion. There doesn't seem to be a secret to this - but if you want to take them out quickly, a bow character works well since they're separated. See: Ganyu.
- Electroculi: Raiden Shogun will summon the Magatsu Electroculi, which will pull you away from the Raiden Shogun. They also explode and deal an immense amount of Electro DMG if not destroyed.
Baleful Shadowlord Form
During this boss battle, Raiden Shogun absorbs Ominious Destiny, which increases as she lands hits on your characters. When filled, the Ominous Destiny meter will put Raiden Shogun into the Baleful Shadowlord form.
- Baleful Shadowlord: Raiden Shogun's form will cause your characters to lose Elemental Energy. On top of this, Raiden Shogun's DMG RES sharply increases, making it very difficult to damage her. To put Raiden Shogun back in her normal form, use Elemental Reactions such as Superconduct. Any Elemental Reaction will drain the Baleful Shadowlord's form.
- Charged Attack: Raiden Shogun will charge up a slash that sends Electro waves towards you. Use your dodging skills to get out of the way.
- Flowers of Remembrance: Raiden Shogun will perform the "Final Calamity" during this attack. This is where you need your Electro character to destroy the Flowers of Remembrance. It will spawn a shield that will protect you from a lethal slash that one-taps any character.
Genshin Impact Raiden Shogun Rewards
Raiden Shogun's weekly boss fight will drop the following:
- Adventure Experience
- Companionship EXP
- Vajrade Amethyst Gemstone Character Level-Up Material
- The Meaning of Aeons (Needed to further upgrade Yae Miko's talents)
- Mudra of the Malefic General
- Tears of the Calamitous God
- An assortment of 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star Artifacts
Raiden Shogun is a formidable ally, and foe, and whatever else miHoYo wants to make her. This boss fight is hard and requires patience, learning, and strategizing, so if you made it this far, all I can say is good luck! Hopefully our official guide was helpful to you. If you're looking for more Genshin Impact guides, check out ours below.