The brand new Genshin Impact 2.3 update is now out. While this one doesn't bring any new islands or regions to explore it does bring with it new characters, quests, items, and a new boss fight. The Golden Wolflord is the new giant boss that players will be facing off against in this update. In this Genshin Impact Golden Wolflord Boss Guide we'll be going over how to find the fight, what strategy to use, and what to look out for with his attacks.
Where is the Genshin Impact Golden Wolflord?
The Golden Wolflord is a new boss fight at the very southern tip of Tsurumi Island. If you came here during the last update when Tsurumi Island first was added chances are you fought some interesting wolf-like creatures here already.
On an island on which no homans dwell, a golden king of beast has commanded its pack of followers to pave the way through space for it.
One can only wonder: what dreams might be woven from the sharp claws and fangs of these hidden beasts? And what impulses drive them to invade this world?
What level is the Golden Wolflord?
As with other Genshin Impact bosses the level of this fight will raise with your own World Level and Adventure Rank.
When you reach World Level 5 you do gain the option to reduce the World Level by 1 so if you find yourself facing a difficult challenge and you're already World Level 5 then you can try reducing it for an easier fight. Be warned though the rewards won't be as sweet.
What is the best Genshin Impact Golden Wolflord Battle Strategy?
The Golden Wolflord is a large Geo wolf body that floats around the arena. It will routinely summon smaller wolf heads, called Rifthound Skulls, to float around with it, these can also attack you.
When the battle begins the Golden Wolflord will be unshielded. During this time you'll want to learn his different attack patterns ensuring not to get hit, be careful as he inflicts the bleed effect. After each of his large scale attacks you'll have a decent window of opportunity to get some hits in as he lays on the ground. This battle is a lot of call and response as you trade blows.
After every 1/4 of health, or so, the Golden Wolflord will generate a shield and summon ethereal Rifthound Skulls. These will position themselves around the arena and start slowly sending out homing attacks at you. A quick dash can get you out of the way of the homing attacks and other than that you'll want to be hitting the Rifthound Skulls with Geo attacks. Once each Rifthound Skull has been defeated it will return to the main body inflicting a massive amount of damage to the shield.
You can still take them out with any element character but for your time and sanity make sure you have a Geo character.
Getting his shield down will by far be the most important thing as he regularly brings it back up. He doesn't move too fast and as long as you know how to predict an attack and when your open to doing damage back is this should give you the upper hand.
Another big caution is the Bleed status effect that getting hit with many of these attacks will inflict. On its own, it isn't too bad but the constant drain is far more of a problem than just getting hit with the attack.
What kind of attacks does the Golden Wolflord have?
- Geo Beam: The Golden Wolflord will fire out a directed beam of Geo, luckily for us once he begins his attack he doesn't do much moving and you can use this opportunity to get close and do some damage.
Note: If you do find yourself getting caught in the beam another strategy is to run to any of the edged of the arenas and climb up them slightly.
- Geo Tornado: The Golden Wolflord will rise into the sky and begin spinning kicking up Geo energy all around him. Just keep running away, the movement of it isn't strong, and attack when it's concluded.
Note: This is another attack that can be easily avoided by just slightly walking out of the arena space
- Charge: While the Golden Wolflord doesn't have feet one of his attacks will be that he gets low to the ground and runs around. After he's made 2-3 loops of the battle arena he will come to a halt giving us another opportunity for attack
- Strike into Charge: For this attack the Golden Wolflord will rear up and crash down towards the player, then will continue with a normal charge around the area. As you expected the window of opportunity for this attack is the same as last attack
- Tailspin: The Golden Wolflord will rear up and hold his position for a moment and then whip out with his tail. If you time a dodge towards him at just the right moment you'll end up avoiding damage, but the safer option by far is to back away and get out of range. This looks very similar to his Strike into Charge. Just know that when he rears up to back away from him. This attack doesn't have as great a window of opportunity after it so it's best to just keep moving.
As long as you're able to efficiently take down the Golden Wolflord's shields when they come up, avoid attacks and the damaging bleed effect, and maximize damage opportunities then you should be able to defeat Genshin Impact's Golden Wolflord and collect your reward.
What do I get for defeating the Golden Wolflord?
The Rewards you can gain from defeating the Golden Wolflord are
- Adventure Experience
- Companionship EXP
- Prithiva Topaz Character Level-Up Materials
- Riftborn Regalia
- An assortment of 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star Artifacts
Hopefully this Golden Wolflord guide helped you find, and take down this boss to get some great rewards. If you're looking for more Genshin Impact guides, look no further than below!