Genshin Impact's Version 2.2 update is bringing back a few characters for characters to wish for. Tartaglia, also known as Childe, is the star on one of the upcoming rerun banners. He'll be appearing alongside Thoma, a new 4-Star Pyro character.
Since this is Tartaglia's second rerun, it's no surprise that the character is a fan favorite. He even has his own weekly boss battle that players can tackle in Genshin Impact.
Being one of the Harbingers of the Fatui, Tartaglia's power is nothing to scoff out. His Hydro abilities can devastate foes with the right build. Read ahead to learn how to build Tartaglia in TechRaptor's official build guide.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Build Guide - Team Role
Tartaglia's immense Hydro DMG output makes him the perfect Main DPS or on-field Support for your team, especially if you're considering combining him with a Pyro teammate for Vaporize or Cryo for Freeze reactions.
Tartaglia's build will largely focus on him and only him, meaning allies will need to largely be built around supporting his ability to damage. While Tartaglia can be built as a Sub-DPS, it's best to focus on fitting him in as a Main DPS to do the most DMG.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Build Guide - Talents
Tartaglia Normal Attack: Cutting Torrent
- Tartaglia's Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Tartaglia's Charged Attack: Charge a shot and deal Hydro DMG with a single arrow, applying the Riptide effect to a single enemy.
- Tartaglia's Plunging Attack: Be surrounded by arrows and plunge to the ground, dealing AoE DMG.
- Tartaglia's Riptide Effect: When an enemy is attacked during Riptide, different effects will occur. Riptide Flash deals AoE DMG every charged shot while Riptide Burst occurs when an enemy dies with the Riptide effect, spreading the effect to nearby enemies through an AoE explosion.
Tartaglia Elemental Skill: Foul Legacy - Raging Tide
Tartaglia releases Hydro weaponry, dealing Hydro DMG to enemies in an area around him. This also puts him in his Melee Stance. In Melee Stance, Tartaglia's attacks change.
- Tartaglia's Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 consecutive strikes.
- Tartaglia's Charged Attack: Consume stamina to cross slash, dealing Hydro DMG.
- When Tartaglia hits an opponent who has the Riptide effect, Riptide Slash will occur, dealing AoE Hydro DMG. This scales off of Elemental Skill DMG. This Elemental Skill lasts 30 seconds before Tartaglia reverts to his Ranged Stance. Critical Hits will apply the Riptide effect to enemies.
Tartaglia Elemental Burst: Havoc - Obliteration
Depending on Tartaglia's stance, different attacks will occur.
- Ranged Stance - Flash of Havoc: Fire a Hydro arrow at the enemy, dealing AoE Hydro DMG and applying Riptide. Some Energy is returned after use.
- Melee Stance - Light Obliteration: Slash and deal AoE Hydro DMG to enemy opponents, triggering Riptide Blast.
- Riptide Blast: Trigger a Hydro explosion that deals AoE Hydro DMG which is scaled as Elemental Burst DMG.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Build Guide - Artifacts
Heart of Depths
The Heart of Depths set is commonly used on Hydro characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a 15% boost to Hydro DMG.
- The four-piece bonus for this set grants a 30% boost to Normal and Charged ATK DMG after using an Elemental Skill for 30 seconds.
Heart of Depths is the best set for Tartaglia. Boosting Normal and Charged ATK DMG is essential for this character as a majority of his DMG comes from those attacks. The boost to Hydro DMG is also essential since all of his DMG comes from Hydro. This set was also made for Tartaglia, so it makes perfect sense to have it on him.
A set commonly used on Support and Sub-DPS characters.
- The two-piece set bonus is a 20% boost to Elemental Burst DMG.
- The four-piece set bonus is a 20% ATK boost bonus to all teammates, which is granted when the Artifact holder uses their Elemental Burst.
Noblesse Oblige fits on Tartaglia in the event that he's built as an on-field Support, but it isn't really recommended, especially considering his high Energy cost for Elemental Bursts. If absolutely necessary, use Noblesse Oblige with Heart of Depths.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Build Guide - Weapons
A 4-Star Bow that can be obtained while wishing.
- Increases Normal Attack DMG by 40%. On the downside, it decreases Aimed Shot DMG by 10%.
- Secondary stat increases ATK by a maximum of 41.3%.
Since Tartaglia's aimed shot isn't nearly as powerful as his Normal Attacks, Rust is a perfect fit for him. The increase to ATK% is a welcome addition for any Main DPS. This is currently one of, if not, the best weapons to run on Tartaglia.
A 5-Star bow that can be obtained while wishing.
- Increases CRIT DMG by 20%. Hits have a 60% chance to deal AoE DMG. This AoE attack does 125% Physical ATK DMG.
- Secondary stat increases CRIT Rate by 22.1%
Tartaglia's ability to do Critical DMG makes him (and every other Main DPS in Genshin Impact) a better fit for their role. Since Skyward Harp increases both CRIT DMG and CRIT Rate, it's a no-brainer for Tartaglia.
A 5-Star bow that can be obtained in the weapon banner.
- Increases Elemental Skill and Burst DMG by 12%. Each time the enemy is hit, a stack of Ashen Nightstar will be gained for 12 seconds.
- Secondary stat increases CRIT Rate by 33.1%.
Ashen Nightstar stacks increase ATK by 10%, with a maximum of four stacks, totaling 48% of ATK DMG.
Polar Star has yet to be seen in action on Tartaglia, but considering the fact that that it runs alongside in rerun banner, it's no surprise that the statistics seem to line up with his kit perfectly. Increases CRIT Rate alone is amazing but the Ashen Nightstar stacks contribute immensely to Tartaglia's damage output.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Build Guide - Team Composition
Tartaglia's build as a Main DPS means he needs many supports in his team to maximize his damage output while also keeping him alive through healing. Since Tartaglia is a Hydro DPS who is constantly applying the Wet effect to enemies, allies that provide Elemental Reactions will also be important.
A team for Tartaglia could look like this:
- Tartaglia (Hydro Main DPS)
- Raiden Shogun (Electro Battery Sub DPS)
- Xiangling (Pyro Sub DPS)
- Diona (Cryo Support + Shields)
All of Tartaglia's teammates in this composition are able to provide help while off-field, which is essential to maximizing Tartaglia's damage, as he is selfish with his field time. Raiden Shogun provides Energy to Tartaglia as well as Electro Burst DMG. Xiangling allows Vaporize Elemental Reactions to occur through her Elemental Burst, which stays around when she switches off the field. Finally, Diona provides the opportunity to Freeze enemies with her Elemental Reaction as well as shields and healing.
Tartaglia is an immensely popular character in Genshin Impact and notably powerful when paired with the right teammates. Hailing from Snezhnaya, Tartaglia's connections to the Fatui make him a mysterious and cocky teammate who, at times, seconds as an adversary.
For more Genshin Impact guides, stay tuned to TechRaptor.