Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi has been a character many are hoarding their Primogems to roll for every since they were spotted in the Inazuma update. After the banners of characters like Ayaka, Yoimiya, and the Raiden Shogun, Kokomi is available for players to wish for.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi is the leader of the Sangonomiya Resistance, a group that has been fighting back against the Raiden Shogun's Vision Hunt Decree. Despite her soft demeanor, Kokomi is a calculating strategist that successfully resisted the Vision Hunt Decree.
Read ahead to learn how to build the wise Hydro wielder in TechRaptor's official Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokokomi guide.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokokomi Build Guide - Team Role
Sangonomiya Kokomi's kit is far from complicated and her only real role is clear: healer. Many variables factor into this, but the most notable of which is her nonexistent CRIT Rate, which means Kokomi can never live up to the role of a DPS.
Since you'll be building Kokomi as a healer, it's important to recognize that characters with these roles often build themselves to buff teammates as well as keep them alive. This is how we'll be shaping Kokomi.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Guide - Talents
Sangonomiya Kokomi Normal Attack: The Shape of Water
- Kokomi's Normal Attack: perform up to three consecutive Hydro attacks in the shape of a fish.
- Kokomi's Charged Attack: deal Hydro AoE DMG at the cost of Stamina.
- Kokomi's Plunging Attack: deals Hydro AoE DMG after plunging down to the ground, dealing Hydro DMG on the way down.
Sangonomiya Kokomi Elemental Skill: Kurage's Oath
- Summons a "bake-kurage" from water that heals allies and applies the Wet status to Kokomi
- Bake-Kurage will deal AoE Hydro DMG as well as heal allies at fixed intervals.
- Bake-Kurage's healing scales off of Kokomi's maximum HP.
Sangonomiya Kokomi's Elemental Burst: Nereid's Ascension
- Kokomi is robbed in water-based Ceremonial Garment, which deals AoE Hydro DMG to enemies.
- Ceremonial Garment resists Kokomi's interruption and increases all of her DMG by her maximum HP. Additionally, her attacks will heal allies upon hit based on her maximum HP.
- Kokomi can walk on water while she wears her Ceremonial Garment.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Guide - Artifacts
The Maiden Beloved set is commonly used on healer characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a 15% bonus to healing effectiveness.
- The four-piece bonus for this set grants an additional 40% bonus to healing effectiveness when an Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst is activated.
Kokomi's main role as healer means the Maiden Beloved set is a solid fit for her, especially if you prioritize her healing over her Hydro DMG.
Tenacity of the Millelith
The Tenacity of the Millelith set is commonly used on support characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a 20% boost to HP.
- The four-piece bonus for this set grants a 20% boost to ally ATK upon using an Elemental Skill. Additionally, shield strength receives a 30% boost after the usage of an Elemental Skill.
Boosting ally ATK is a powerful set bonus for support characters and since the Tenacity of the Millelith also provides an HP boost, this Artifact set is extremely powerful on Kokomi.
Heart of Depths
The Heart of Depths set is commonly used on Hydro characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a 15% boost to Hydro DMG.
- The four-piece bonus for this set grants a 30% boost to Normal and Charged ATK DMG after using an Elemental Skill for 30 seconds.
While the four-piece set bonus for Heart of Depths isn't particularly useful on Kokomi, the two-piece bonus can be used if you value her Hydro DMG output. Pair this with Maiden Beloved and/or Tenacity of Millelith and Kokomi will be a balanced healer/Hydro DMG dealer.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Guide - Weapons
A 5-Star catalyst that can be wished for.
- Passive Byakuya Kougetsu Increases healing by 10% and Normal ATK DMG by 1% of character's max HP.
- Secondary stat increases HP by 49.6%.
This is Kokomi's slot-in weapon, which means it's easily her best choice - that is, if you can get your hands on it. Don't worry though, there are other options if you don't have the means to roll for it.
Thrilling Tales of Dragonslayer
A 3-Star catalyst that can be wished for.
- Passive Heritage increases ATK of allies switching in after this character by a maximum of 48%. This occurs once every 20 seconds.
- Secondary stat increases HP by 38.6%.
Thrilling Tales of Dragonslayer's passive is extremely useful if you build Kokomi as a total support, especially when you're trying to maximize the DMG output of the DPS on your team. Barbara uses Thrilling Tales perfectly and since Kokomi is basically 5-star Barbara it's no surprise this weapon works just as well on her.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Guide - Team Composition
Kokomi's role as a healer means she can fit into nearly any team that benefits from Hydro attacks. Being able to apply the Wet status is a massive benefit to Hydro characters as Pyro characters can utilize Vaporize, which does an immense amount of Elemental Reaction DMG.
Cryo characters can also take advantage of the Wet status that Kokomi applies by Freezing enemies in place.
A team for Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi could look like this:
- Xiangling (Pyro Main DPS)
- Kujou Sara (Electro Sub DPS/Support)
- Sangonomiya Kokomi (Hydro Healer)
- Sucrose (Anemo Swirl Sub DPS)
Xiangling's Pyro Tornado Elemental Burst is the main damage dealer of this team. Kujou Sara provides an opportunity for Xiangling to Overload with the added Electro DMG. She also can buff her ally's attacks. Sucrose can Swirl all of this DMG together and cause additional DMG. Finally, Kokomi brings healing, Freezing, and Vaporize Elemental Reactions.
While Sangonomiya Kokomi isn't particularly special, her healing and Hydro application are effective enough to warrant her being a character build. Since she's essentially the 5-star version of Barbara, many players may not find a need for her, but that doesn't take away from her usefulness as a unit.
For more Genshin Impact guides, stay tuned to TechRaptor.