In Genshin Impact, the city of Liyue has lived in prosperity for hundreds of years - but Liyue would not be the economic powerhouse it is without the Geo Archon, Morax, or the more commonly known as Zhongli.
Zhongli is a consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, but before this, he was the God of Contracts. As calm as he is courteous, Zhongli turns many heads when he makes his way throughout the streets of Liyue. Read ahead to learn how to build the former Geo Archon in TechRaptor's Official Zhongli Build Guide.
Genshin Impact Zhongli Build Guide - Team Role
Like most of his currently released Archon counterparts, Zhongli best fits into the role of a Sub-DPS. For Zhongli specifically, his unique kit is tailored to make him both a Burst DPS and Shield Support character.
Zhongli's ability to debuff enemies with petrification and his shields along with the immense damage that can come from his Elemental Burst make him a strong ally.
Genshin Impact Zhongli Build Guide - Talents
Zhongli Normal Attack: Rain of Stone
Zhongli's Normal Attack: Perform up to six consecutive spear attacks.
Zhongli's Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, causing stone spears to fall along his path.
Zhongli's Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Zhongli Elemental Skill: Dominus Lapidis
Depending on if pressed or held, Zhongli summons a Geo pillar construct, forming a Stone Stele. He might also deal AoE Geo DMG and summon a Shield of Jade
- Press: Creates a Stone Stele. The Stele will periodically deal Geo DMG. It will also resonant with other Geo constructs on the field to do additional Geo DMG.
- Held: Causes nearby Geo energy to explode. This will create a Shield of Jade. DMG Absorption for this shield scales on Zhongli's Max HP. It will also do AoE Geo DMG. It will also drain a large amount of Geo Energy from nearby Geo targets.
- Shield of Jade: Possesses 150% DMG Absorption against all Elemental and Physical DMG. Within a small AoE, the Jade Shield will decrease Elemental RES and Physical RES of enemies by 20%.
Zhongli Elemental Burst: Planet Befall
Zhongli summons a falling Geo meteor down to Earth, dealing AoE Geo DMG and applying the Petrification status.
- Petrified enemies cannot move, similarly to Freeze.
Genshin Impact Zhongli Build Guide - Artifacts
Tenacity of Millelith
The Tenacity of Millelith set is most common on Shield characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a 20% boost to HP.
- The four-piece bonus for this set increases the ATK of all allies by 20% when the user's Elemental Skill hits an opponent. Shield Strength is also increased by 30%. This effect lasts three seconds and can be triggered every 0.5 seconds.
The Tenacity of Millelith set is as good as an Artifact set will get for Zhongli. The boost to HP makes his Shield of Jade even more powerful and the bonus ATK to allies makes him better at Support.
A set commonly used on Support and Sub-DPS characters.
- The two-piece set bonus is a 20% boost to Elemental Burst DMG.
- The four-piece set bonus is a 20% ATK boost bonus to all teammates, which is granted when the Artifact holder uses their Elemental Burst.
While not as powerful as Tenacity of Millelith, the Noblesse Oblige set will make any Support character better at their job. This set will also boost Zhongli's Elemental Burst DMG, which makes him a better Burst DPS
A set commonly used on Geo characters.
- The two-piece set bonus is a 15% boost to Geo DMG.
- The four-piece set bonus grants a 35% DMG bonus for Crystallize Reactions pertaining to the Element crystallized. This effect lasts for ten seconds and can only affect one Element at a time.
Archaic Petra is a solid choice if Zhongli is being built as a Sub DPS over a Support. Many consider Zhongli's Shield of Jade to be strong enough without extra HP, so this set is an answer to that sentiment.
Genshin Impact Zhongli Build Guide - Weapons
Staff of Homa
A 5-star Polearm available in the weapon banner.
- Increases HP by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK bonus based on 0.8% of the wielder's maximum HP. This bonus is increased to 1.8% when the user's HP is below 50%.
- Secondary stat increases CRIT DMG by a maximum of 66.2%
As with most 5-star Polearm characters, the Staff of Homa reigns supreme here. Zhongli's build benefits from the HP boost and the ATK bonus based on HP. The bonus to CRIT DMG is also helpful to Zhongli's Burst DPS potential.
A 4-star polearm available as a limited-time event reward.
- Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 16% and Elemental Burst Critical Rate by 6%.
- Secondary stat that increases Energy Recharge by a maximum 45.9%
If Zhongli's HP has been increased to a substantial amount, a weapon like "The Catch" is amazing on him due to its boost to Elemental Burst DMG. The boost to Energy Recharge will allow Zhongli to be a better Burst DPS as well.
A 4-star polearm that can be crafted.
- Increases Normal and Charged ATK DMG by a maximum of 16% for 12 seconds after using an Elemental Skill. Maximum of two stacks.
- Secondary stat increases Energy Recharge by a maximum of 45.9%.
Prototype Starglitter isn't as good as "The Catch" or Staff of Homa, but it's accessible to all players and can easily be refined to rank five through crafting. If you don't have either of the other two options, Prototype Starglitter provides Energy Recharge, which is helpful to Zhongli.
Genshin Impact Zhongli Build Guide - Team Composition
A team centered around Zhongli should be benefitting from his Geo DMG-boosting Elemental Skill. For the most part, though, Zhongli fits on any team that needs a Shield. When building a team with Zhongli, focus on building around your Main DPS.
A team for Zhongli could look like this:
- Ningguang (Geo Main DPS)
- Zhongli (Geo Sub DPS/Shield)
- Bennett (Pyro Utility/Support)
- Fischl (Electro Battery)
NIngguang is the Main DPS of this team. Since Zhongli is also a Geo character, the Enduring Rock Geo Resonance is created, which bolsters shields and decreases enemy Geo RES. Bennett's role here is to keep allies alive and boost DMG with his Elemental Burst and Fischl's is to charge ally Bursts. This means Bennett will be able to boost ally DMG more often while Zhongli and Ningguang can use their powerful Bursts more.
Zhongli's mysterious nature is only matched by his ability to charm those of Liyue. The type of Support Zhongli provides to any team in Genshin Impact is rarely contested, making him one of the strongest characters and worthwhile pickups for anyone hoarding Primogems.
For more Genshin Impact guides, stay tuned to TechRaptor.