Genshin Impact already has so much to explore and discover, so I couldn't believe my eyes when traveling back to the starting area that there was an island off in the distance that didn't show on the in-game map. The Genshin Impact Secret Island not only has a challenging fight and a few treasure chests, but also a great questline for players to discover.
Before even beginning to look into going to the island, the quest recommends the player's party to be level 40 before attempting, so don't try to head over too soon. Otherwise, you'll get knocked out pretty quickly.
How to get to the Genshin Impact Secret Island?
The secret island itself is actually very easy to find if you know where to look. From where you first spawned in the game at the beach near Starfell Lake, if you look directly to the East you'll be able to just make out the island. Getting there is a whole different issue.
You'll need to have a character who can use Cryo abilities to slowly but surely create an ice bridge for yourself to walk over. I only had one ice character at the time, so the passage probably took between 5-10 minutes. If you have multiple Cryo characters (or remember that Ameno can be used to spread the ice shelf unlike I did), then you could make it over there much faster.
What can you find on the Genshin Impact Secret Island?
Exploring the island you'll be able to find a number of things. Not everything on the island is an amazing find, but there's certainly a few things that you'd want to grab while you can.
- "Seeds of Stories, Brought By the Wind..." Achievement for reaching the nameless island northeast of Mondstadt - 5 Primogem
- Crabs, used for making Crab Roe and in cooking
- 1x Exquisite Chest on the North Beach
- 1x Common Chest near the center of the ruins
- 1x Luxurious Chest hidden behind the east side of the island half submerged
- 1x Anemoculus, can obtain this by floating from the highest tower
On the South Beach near the camping area, there's also a Ruin Guard that's asleep. He's level 37, so be prepared for a fight. You can mostly stay safe from him by leading him over to the cliff and standing above him, but if you're underleveled, it's going to be an uphill fight.
The last thing you can find on the Genshin Impact Secret Island is a sundial with markings on it referencing the Wind and Light. After interacting with the sundial, you'll begin the quest "Time and the Wind."
- Quest - Time and the Wind (Recommended Level: 40)
- Description: Uncover the secret of the uninhabited island
- Flavor Text: You reach an uninhabited island across the sea, which is home to an enigmatic sundial. Who knows what secret it holds?
- Reward: 500x AEP, 60x Primogems, 4x Hero's Wit, 6x Mystic Enhancement Ore, 60,000x Mora
For completing the quest, you will also unlock the "Nothing to Lose But Time" achievement for unlocking the secrets of two sundials. Your reward is 5 Primogems.
How Do I Complete the "Time and the Wind" Quest in Genshin Impact?
Here's a quick step-by-step guide to finishing the "Time and the Wind" questline in Genshin Impact.
- On the south side of the island, near where the live Ruin Guard was, there will be a shovel piled up against rocks. Destroy this pile and read the Ragged Notebook found underneath.
- Change the time to 2 a.m. and use Elemental Sight on the Sundial. It will lead you to a Cluster of Wind. Use an Anemo skill on it to destroy it.
- Find the other Clusters of Wind. They can be found to the southwest, east, and on top of the tallest pillar.
Note: If the time progresses past 5 a.m., the Clusters of Wind will disappear. Change the time back to 2 a.m. to give yourself the most time.
- Use an Anemo skill on the wind in the center of the ruins and an Eye of the Storm Lv. 37 will appear.
- Once it gets to about 20% health, it will fly away, and you need to chase after it. Use the gust of wind and boost rings and you'll land south of the Thousand Winds Temple near where another compass is.
- Change the time to 2 a.m. and you'll see Clusters of Wind on the pedestals around this compass. Each you destroy will summon two small Lv. 37 wind slimes. Once the third one has been destroyed, the Eye of the Storm will reappear at Lv. 40 and bring with him some additional adds. If you're having any issues with this battle or prioritization, I recommend reading the information below.
- Speak with Henry Morton nearby after the battle, and the quest will be completed.
How to Beat the Boss in the "Time and the Wind" Quest
This is a tough fight, not just because this might be your first level 40 enemy, but he also spawns in additional creatures during the fight. There are a few key things that you need to keep an eye on to make sure you don't start taking too much damage all at once. I recommend going into this battle with plenty of healing and revival foods, while having multiple strong archers (especially if their elements can work off one another).
This shouldn't be your first fight with an Eye of the Storm, so the basic strategy is the same. However, balancing between adds can be difficult, so here's some tips to know about what priority things should be taken out in.
Obviously you'll want to focus on the Eye of the Storm when he's the only one, and when the adds appear, you'll mostly want to be clearing them out. But there are still a few things you want to keep an eye out for to make your life easier.
What to focus on when the Eye of the Storm calls for backup
Top Priority: When the Eye of the Storm raises up and creates a sealed bubble that starts dealing continuous damage over time, hitting it with an arrow will cause it to stop and fall to the ground. This is by far the most dangerous attack of the fight, especially if you've been preoccupied with minions. You'll know the Eye of the Storm is winding up for this attack when the ball in the center begins to shrink.
Medium Priority: Focus on the mage adds that appera with your heaviest hitter to get them out of the fight as soon as possible. This is sometimes easier said than done, as they will create tornados and vortexes while you're already trying to avoid damage by the Anemo Slimes and Eye of the Storm.
Lowest Priority: Anemo Slimes. While they're big and are likely to get in your way, attacking them as a focus will just lead to you wasting time. Instead, one of the Anemo Slime attacks will have it rise into the air and start shooting ranged wind attacks at you. If you nail one with an arrow at that time, they'll completely pop, killing them in a single attack.
More Genshin Impact Guides
- General Guides
- Feature Guides
- Gameplay Guides
- Quest Guides
What did you think of the Genshin Impact Secret Island and "Time and the Wind" Quest? Did you have a tough time? Is there anything you would recommend adding to my strategy? Are there any other guides you'd want to see about Genshin Impact?