The descendant of the notorious Lawrence Clan, Eula, is returning to Genshin Impact alongside Albedo in the gacha game's first duo banner. Read ahead to learn how to build the studious knight in TechRaptor's official Eula Build Guide.
Version 2.3 of Genshin will include a new storyline featuring both Eula and Albedo, taking players back to the shivering cold Dragonspine region. Eula is the captain of the Knights of Favonius' Reconnaissance Company and has a rebellious spirit. As the Spindrift Knight, Eula's bloodline is tied to an ancient and tyrannical aristocracy. To better serve as a Knight of Favonius, Eula severed ties with her clans and seeks vengeance in the slaying of Mondstadt's enemies.
Eula Team Role - Genshin Impact Build Guide
Cryo characters tend to be focused on applying Freeze with Hydro teammates. While this can be beneficial to Eula, she's a unique Cryo unit in the sense that most of her damage is Physical. Eula's best role is that of a Main DPS due to her damage largely coming from her Normal Attacks and Elemental Burst.
Most claymore users lean towards being slow, heavy hitters. While Eula hits hard, slow isn't necessarily a factor in her formula - she actually hits quickly.
Eula Talents - Genshin Impact Build Guide
Eula Normal Attack: Favonius Bladework - Edel
- Eula's Normal Attack: Perform up to five rapid strikes.
- Eula's Charged Attack: Consumes Stamina to strike continuously. Release a powerful blow at the end of this attack chain.
- Eula's Plunging Attack: Plunge from above, dealing AoE DMG upon impact and damaging opponents in the path.
Eula Elemental Skill: Icetide Vortex
Eula slashes the air with a wave of ice, dealing Cryo DMG. Applies or consumes stacks of Grimheart depending on press or hold of Elemental Skill.
- Grimheart: Increases Eula's resistance to interruption and increases her DEF.
- When pressed: If an enemy is hit, Eula gains a stack of Grimheart. Gain a maximum of two stacks per Elemental Skill. Stacks can be gained once every 0.3 seconds.
- When held down: Eula consumes all stacks of Grimheart in a powerful slash, dealing AoE Cryo DMG to opponents in front of her. Opponents have Physical and Cryo RES decreased. Consumed stacks are converted into Icewhirl Brand.
- Icewhirl Brand: Deals Cryo DMG to nearby opponents for every stack of Grimheart consumed.
Eula Elemental Burst: Glacial Illumination
Eula deals Cryo DMG to nearby opponents with her claymore and creates a Lightfall Sword that follows her for seven seconds.
- Lightfall Sword: Further increases Eula's resistance to interruption. When Eula hits an opponent with her Normal Attack, Elemental Skill, or Elemental Burst, the Lightfall Sword will charge with Energy. At the end of the Lightfall Sword's duration, an explosion occurs, dealing Physical DMG to all nearby opponents. This damage scales off of the stacks of Energy accumulated during the seven seocnds.
Eula Artifacts - Genshin Impact Build Guide
This set is commonly used on Physical users.
- The two-piece set bonus grants a 25% Physical DMG bonus.
- The four-piece set bonus grants a unique ability. When an Elemental Skil hits an opponent, ATK is increased by 9% for seven seconds. This effect stacks twice and when the two-piece set bonus is increased by 100% when this maximum is reached.
When Eula was originally released, this Artifact set was made as her slot-in. Any bonus to Physical DMG benefits Eula and the four-piece set bonus is insanely powerful on her. If you want to maximize Eula's usage, use this set.
A set commonly used on Physical users.
- The two-piece set bonus grants a 25% Physical DMG bonus.
- The four-piece set bonus grants a 50% increase to Charged Attack DMG when an enemy is defeated. Stamina cost is also decreased to 0.
Bloodstained Chivalry is a good set to use on almost any Physical character, and while it's not nearly as powerful as Pale Flame for Eula, it still works well. If you're budgeting on your Eula build and don't want to farm Pale Flame, Bloodstained Chivalry works.
Genshin Impact Eula Build Guide - Weapons
Song of Broken Pines
A 5-star claymore available on the weapon banner.
- Increases ATK. When Normal or Charged Attacks hit opponents, the Sigil of Whispers effect is gained. When four of these are stacked, they're all consumed and boost every party member's Normal ATK SPD and ATK for 12 seconds. No Sigil of Whispers can be collected for 20 seconds after this.
- Secondary Stat increases Physical DMG by a maximum of 20.7%
Cinnabar Spindle is Albedo's new slot-in sword. Surprisingly enough, the Cinnabar Spindle will be available in an event rather than the weapon banner. The increase to DEF and Elemental Skill DMG makes the Cinnabar Spindle an absolute must-have for Albedo.
A 4-star claymore available in the Battle Pass
- Every four seconds the character is on the field, they deal 6% more and deal 3% more DMG. This will stack for a maximum of five times and will not be reset when the character leaves the field. It will be decreased when the user is hit.
- Secondary stat increases CRIT Rate by a maximum of 27.6%
Serpent Spine is solid choice for Eula if you're not interested in throwing money at the weapon banner. It's relatively accessible and does a fine job at stacking damage buffs. While not as powerful as the Song of Broken Pines,
Eula Team Composition - Genshin Impact Build Guide
Eula's unique position as a Physical, Cryo DPS means that a team for her is very selective. She doesn't always synergize well with many builds purely because she needs to be greedy with her field time in order to maximize her DPS, but her unique position as a Physical DPS means she can fit into a lot of teams. She's complicated. Regardless, Electro Sub DPS characters are especially powerful here as they can charge Eula's Elemental Burst.
A team for Eula could look like this:
- Eula (Cryo/Physical Main DPS)
- Raiden Shogun (Electro Battery/Sub DPS)
- Mona (Hydro Sub DPS/Utility)
- Diona (Cryo Healer/Battery/Shields)
This is an exceptionally powerful team that fits Eula's needs, mostly because all of her allies aim to increase her DPS and stay off the field. Eula is the Main DPS and will synergize with the Raiden Shogun to activate the Superconduct effect on enemies. Raiden Shogun will also act as a battery for the whole team. Superconduct will decrease enemy Physical RES so Eula can do more damage. Mona is a Hydro Sub DPS who will allow Eula to Freeze and Shatter enemies. If built with Noblesse Oblige, she'll also provide ATK buffs. Finally, Diona is a support unit that heals, provides shields, and acts as a battery to Eula's Elemental Burst.
Since this team runs two Cryo characters, the Shattering Ice Elemental Resonance effect will be active, which increases resistance to Electro by 40% as well as ally CRIT Rate to enemies affected by Cryo by 15%.
Eula's negligence for her family's bloodline leads her on a path of vengeance to rectify the injustice her family has wrought. Still, her fighting style resembles that of her clan's customs, as she incorporates dancing techniques into battle. Don't let her cold and harsh demeanor keep you from the kindhearted person that lays within. For more Genshin Impact guides, stay tuned to TechRaptor.