If you're saving your rolls for a worthwhile investment in Genshin Impact, now is the time to splurge. The graceful and passive Ganyu is, for a lack of better words, an absolutely dominant Cryo unit.
Ganyu is a graceful being; the blood of Qilin Adeptus runs within her veins alongside human blood. Read ahead to learn how to build the legendary cocogoat in TechRaptor's official Ganyu Build Guide.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Build Guide - Team Role
It's clear that Cryo characters are some of the best characters in Genshin Impact; Ganyu is above that. Many consider Ganyu to be the strongest DPS in the game.
This immense strength can mostly be attributed to her Normal Attack, which decimates enemies and bosses alike. Ganyu is nothing more, and nothing less, than a Main DPS.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Build Guide - Talents
Ganyu Normal Attack: Liutian Archery
Ganyu's Normal Attack: Perform up to six consecutive shots with a bow.
Ganyu's Charged Attack: Perform an Aimed Shot with increased DMG. If charged further while aiming, an icy aura will accumulate on the arrowhead.
- Charge Level 1: Fires an arrow that deals Cryo DMG.
- Charge Level 2: Fires a Frostflake Arrow that deals Cryo DMG. The Frostflake Arrow blooms after connecting to its target, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
Ganyu's Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Ganyu Elemental Skill: Trail of the Qilin
Ganyu deploys an Ice Lotus, dashes backward, and deals AoE Cryo DMG.
- Taunts enemies and attracts them to attack it.
- Health scales on Ganyu's Max HP.
- Deals AoE Cryo DMG when destroyed or when the duration ends.
Ganyu Elemental Burst: Celestial Shower
Ganyu summons a Sacred Cryo Pearl. The pearl continuously rains down shards of ice, striking opponents with AoE Cryo DMG.
On the activation of Ganyu's 4th Ascension, Ganyu and allies within the field created by the Sacred Cryo Pearl gain a 20% Cryo DMG bonus.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Build Guide - Artifacts
The Blizzard Strayer set is commonly used on Cryo characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a 15% boost to Cryo DMG.
- The four-piece bonus raises your Critical Rate by 20%. Frozen enemies give characters an additional 20%, raising the Critical Rate to 40%.
Blizzard Strayer is just as effective as other Artifacts on Ganyu and the boost to CRIT Rate is very beneficial to a Main DPS. This set is especially powerful if a Hydro unit is in your party.
The Wanderer's Troupe set is commonly used on Bow and/or Catalyst characters.
- The two-piece bonus for this set grants a boost to Elemental Mastery by 80.
- The four-piece bonus for this set increases Charged Attack DMG by 35% if the character is using a Catalyst or Bow.
This set is extremely powerful on Ganyu due to the 35% boost to Charged Attack DMG. Ganyu's Charged Attack is her main output of DMG, largely due to the Frostflake Arrow.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Build Guide - Weapons
A 5-Star Bow that can be wished for in the weapon banner.
- Secondary stat increases ATK% by a maximum of 49.6%
- Passive grants a 12% boost to Normal and Charged Attack DMG. After a Normal or Charged Attack is fired, DMG dealt increases a further 8% every 0.1 seconds the arrow is in the air. This stacks up to five times for a total of 40% extra DMG.
Amos Bow is Ganyu's best-in-slot weapon. The boost to ATK% is substantial and replaces any Crit-related bonus due to Ganyu's position as a Cryo DPS. Additionally, the passive is powerful and allows Ganyu to keep her distance while she does immense DMG.
A 5-Star Bow that can be wished for in the weapon banner.
- Secondary stat increases CRIT DMG by a maximum of 66.2%.
- Passive increases ATK by 20% while also granting a Thunder Emblem. The Thunder Emblem can be stacked up to three times, with each stack increasing Normal Attack DMG by 12%, 24%, and 40%. Stacks of the Thunder Emblem are obtained when Yomiya does DMG with her Normal Attack and Elemental Skill.
The Thunder Emblem disappears when Ganyu's Energy is full, so using her Elemental Burst quickly is vital to maintain a large DMG output. It is a solid choice for any Bow Main DPS.
A 4-Star Bow that can be claimed in the Battle pass.
- Secondary stat increases CRIT Rate by a maximum of 27.6%.
- Passive grants a 50% chance for Normal and Charged Attacks to generate a Cyclone, which pulls nearby enemies in and deals 40% of ATK as DMG every 0.5 seconds for 4 seconds. It also groups enemies in and can only happen once every 14 seconds.
Viridescent Hunt is an underrated weapon on Ganyu but its ability to pool enemies together allows Ganyu to quickly clear enemy waves with her Frostflake Arrows. A bonus to CRIT Rate never hurts as well.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Build Guide - Team Composition
A good team for a Main DPS like Ganyu allows her to stay on the field for a very long time while also boosting her Cryo DMG. These teammates should also keep her alive and contribute meaningful Elemental Reactions.
A team for Ganyu could look like this:
- Ganyu (Cryo Main DPS)
- Mona (Hydro Sub DPS/Utility)
- Kazuha (Anemo Crowd Control/Utility)
- Diona (Cryo Support/Shields)
This team follows a simple rotation that assures Ganyu can maximize DMG output. First, Kazuha uses his Elemental Skill to pull enemies together and deal Anemo DMG. Diona then uses her Elemental Skill to give everyone on the team shields and apply Cryo DMG. This is followed up by Mona, who uses her Elemental Skill to keep enemies attracted to this large circle and to apply Hydro DMG. Mona should also use her Elemental Burst here to bolster Ganyu's DMG. Finally, Ganyu comes onto the field and rains down Frostflake Arrows on the clustered, Frozen enemies. This will quickly eliminate most, if not all, foes on the field.
Ganyu's Elemental Burst, if available, should also be activated. It will boost her Cryo DMG further.
For a graceful and shy Adeptus beast, Ganyu has no qualms hopping into the field and ravaging the enemy line. Her daintily nature and love for Sweet Flowers are harsh contrasts to the fierce skills she has in combat. Don't let this one slip between your fingers. Roll. For. Ganyu.
For more Genshin Impact guides, stay tuned to TechRaptor.