Now that the Genshin Impact 2.1 update is available if you visit the Katheryn of the Inazuma Adventurer’s Guild she’ll give you the Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers questline. Much like The Moon-Bathed Deep, this is a multi-part questline that will take you to the southwest-most island of the Inazuma chain, Seirai Island. The beginning of this quest is fairly linear but once the Warding stones begin to get involved this Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide will go into more depth with what is necessary.
Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide - Getting through the easy part
Once you arrive at the initial waypoint you'll meet Eiko, one of a pair of researchers with the Adventurer's Guild looking into the unusual activity on the island. She and her partner Taisuke have found Warding Stones that seem to have something to do with the storm. The initial section of the quest is fairly linear so lets get through that quickly:
- Meet up with Taisuke and learn about mysterious cat tracks
- Follow the tracks to the west where you'll find the Asase Shrine
- Talk with the cat who will task you with repairing the offering box of the shrine
- Investigate the offering box to understand what is needed
- Check the old village for supplies and fight some bandits
- Defeat the bandits at their camp and take their supplies
- Return to the Asase Shrine and repair the offering box
- Speak with Neko the cat who will explain to you how to use the Warding Stones
Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide - How to seal the Warding Stones?
While there is a tutorial for how the Warding Stones can be sealed the game doesn’t do a very good job. The job here is to match up all of the stones paper the same number that is on the pole. The Warding Stones have shiftable top and bottom pieces so it’s not just solving one equation, but solving all of them at the same time. Below is an image showing the first solution:
Here you can see the pole on the left has four paper tags, so on the Warding Stone the top rope has two paper tags, and the bottom rope has two paper tags. The pole on the right also has four paper tags, but the Warding Stone top rope has one paper tag and the bottom has three. Once again this adds up to four paper tags.
Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide - The Second Warding Stone
From here you’ll be led to the next Warding Stones. At each, you’ll need to first interact with all three poles that are located on your minimap, and then solve the Warding Stone. The solution for the second Warding Stone is below:
Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide - How to find the third Warding Stone?
The Third Warding Stone waypoint marker will lead you to a cliff in the north, but once you get there Eiko will say they’re not sure where the next Warding Stone is. Step through the gate to start flying up towards a platform with an Electroculus. When you get there there will be a gate and an Electrogranum plant. Collect an Electrogranum and you’ll see a tether appear on you, use this to begin your climb into the sky. Keep following the path further up and you’ll end up on a platform with a Teleport Waypoint and your third Warding Stone. After activating the three poles the solution is shown below:
Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide - The Fourth Warding Stone
From the third continue heading up by taking the Electrogranum plant to the south. You should be able to see the waypoint marker way above your head. The three poles are right next to this Warding Stone so go ahead and interact with them and make the Warding Stone look like below:
Genshin Impact Seirai Stormchasers Guide - Fighting the Thunder Manifestation
After completing all four a platform will appear in front of you with a waypoint marker that you can fly down to. Once you land you’ll fight the Thunder Manifestation <Raging Thunder of Amakumo Peak>.
Here are a few tips for the fight
- He spends a lot of his time flying so a melee fighter will have some trouble landing consistent hits. To counteract this have your melee fighter stay in the center of the arena, the Thunder Manifestation frequently teleports here and when they do you can get some easy hits in.
- All of the Thunder Manifestations attacks are extremely telegraphed, spend some time at the start of the fight just learning its pattern and how to avoid its moves.
- If you’re going to get stuck in the Thunder Manifestations twin lightning walls is far better to take the single hit and dash through it, rather than get caught in it for an extended period of time.
- Be careful not to get hit by its targeted attack, if you are then it will enrage and the fight will get a lot harder. This is a battle where slow and methodical dodging of attacks will far outweigh taking the Thunder Manifestation down quickly.
After the Thunder Manifestation has been defeated if you didn't enrage it you will earn the “Love and Non-Communication” achievement and be prompted to Touch the Trounce Blossom for high-level rewards including experience, artifacts, and level up components.
From here you can continue up even higher for the quest. Collect the Electrogranum at the edge of the arena and soar into the skies where you’ll find a Peculiar Pinion, an Electroculus, and two chests. Return to Eiko with the Peculiar Pinion and she’ll briefly analyze it in disbelief. With that, you’ll have completed the Seirai Stormchasers quest and with it the achievement of the same name.