Elpis in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker features lots of lore relating to events in the previous expansion, and is just a nice looking area as well. There are many cutscenes here, so it’s a good thing that the Aether Currents needed to unlock flying don’t take much time to gather. In this guide, we’ll show you every Elpis Aether Current Location so you can easily grab them all.
Half of the Aether Currents are found within the first island, with the other five being inaccessible until progressing further in the story (though you won’t have to leave the zone at any point, unlike Labyrinthos and Thavnair). Most are also placed near main story objectives, so don’t worry about going out of your way to collect them all straight away. In this guide, we’ll run you through the location of each Aether Current, including required quests.
In total, there are 14 Aether Currents to be collected in the Elpis region, and we've got coordinates and pictures of each one!
Elpis Aether Currents - Field Aether Currents
There are 9 Field Aether Currents in Elpis to be found.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #1
- Coordinates: X: 13.5, Y: 7.6
- Head north from the first aetheryte, Anagnorisis, and past the building. The Aether Current is right next to the wall.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #2
- Coordinates: X: 34, Y: 23.6
- The first island is connected to a smaller one in the east (you’ll head over there fairly early during the main story).
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #3
- Coordinates: X: 18.6, Y: 32.4
- Found right at the southwest edge of the first island.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #4
- Coordinates: X: 6.3, Y: 29.7
- There’s another island linked to the main one at the southwest side of the zone. It’s relatively close to the edge, by a small incline.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #5
- Coordinates: X: 16.4, Y: 20.8
- The first of the Aether Currents found on the second island, slightly northeast of the gatekeeper.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #6
- Coordinates: X: 10.3, Y: 24.9
- Another one that’s close to the gatekeeper. Found at the south of the second island, right at the edge on a small rock.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #7
- Coordinates: X: 6.2, Y: 19.3
- Found to the west of the second aetheryte. On top of the waterfall, requiring you to head north or south first if you’re on the lower ground.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #8
- Coordinates: X: 13.5, Y: 15.5
- This Aether Current is slightly out of the way, though still within close reach of the second aetheryte. It can be found on the base of the lighthouse (or what looks like one anyway) to the northeast.
Elpis Aether Currents - Location #9
- Coordinates: X: 13.5, Y: 7.6
- This is the only field Aether Current that is locked to the third island. It’s slightly to the south of Ktisis Hyperboreia, which you visit right after reaching this island.
Elpis Aether Currents - Quest Aether Currents
As always, one of these Aether Currents will be locked behind story progression, requiring you to travel through the majority of the zone. Some of the sidequests are part of a longer questline (these usually feature an image in the quest info page), though you’re only required to complete the first one to get its respective Aether Current.
- Touring Anagnorisis, Part I (requires main story quest Their Greatest Contribution)
- You and the Ailouros (requires main story quest Aether to Aether)
- The Perks of Being a Lost Flower (requires main story quest A Flower upon Your Return)
- An Expected Guest (requires main story quest A Flower upon Your Return)
- Caging the Messenger (main story quest, unmissable)