Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary gives you the opportunity to build up your own home away from home, but this can’t be done in a day. To create new buildings, grow crops, feed animals and more, there’s a lot of gathering that must be done. In our Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary Gathering Guide, we’ll go over how gathering works in this new content, and the items that you’ll be able to find. This includes everything that has been added since Patch 6.3.
Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary Gathering Basics
Island Sanctuary Gathering is a somewhat different affair from the main game. You don’t have to level specific classes to gather items, or gear to increase your stats. Instead, you have access to the “Gather” option via the Islekeep’s Index, a menu that’s always available to you on the island. Selecting this will highlight gathering nodes with a sparkle effect, while also showing them on the minimap.
All items that are gathered during your time in the Island Sanctuary are unique, and cannot be taken off the island.
To start with, you can only gather items by hand. This lets you get the most basic tier of items from each node. To gather more item types from nodes, you must craft Islekeep tools. These are unique to the Island Sanctuary, and are used automatically once crafted. Crafting more and better tools is the key to gathering every item available.
It’s also possible to craft Mammet-sized Builder’s Tools, though these aren’t used by your character. Instead, they’re given to NPC Mammets to increase the size of the Island Hideaway.
Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary Gathering Tools
- Islekeep’s Stone Hatchet - Crafting recipe unlocked during “The Coziest of Cabins”. Requires 2 Island Branches, 2 Island Stones, 3 Island Palm Leaves.
- Islekeep’s Stone Hammer - Crafting recipe unlocked during “A Workshop of Wonders”. Requires 3 Island Stones, 2 Island Logs, 4 Island Vines.
- Islekeep’s Shovel - Crafting recipe unlocked at Sanctuary Rank 5. Requires 3 Island Logs, 3 Island Vines, 4 Island Copper Ore.
- Islekeep’s Copper Scythe - Crafting recipe unlocked at Sanctuary Rank 6. Requires 3 Island Logs, 3 Island Clay, 4 Island Copper Ore.
- Islekeep’s Bronze Gig - Crafting recipe unlocked at Sanctuary Rank 7. Requires 3 Island Logs, 3 Island Copper Ore, 3 Island Tinsand, 3 Island Hemp.
- Islekeep’s Bronze Beakaxe - Crafting recipe unlocked at Sanctuary Rank 8. Requires 3 Island Logs, 3 Island Copper Ore, 4 Island Tinsand, 3 Island Cotton Boll.
- *NEW TO PATCH 6.3* Islekeep's Iron Hatchet - Crafting recipe unlocked at Sanctuary Rank 10 after talking to Felicitous Furball. Requires 3 Island Logs, 2 Island Iron Ore, 3 Island Quartz.
Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary Gathering Item List
Island Palm Leaf
Island Cabbage Seeds
Island Pumpkin Seeds
Island Palm Log
Island Copper Ore
Island Rock Salt
Island Popoto Set
Island Parsnip Seeds
Island Cotton Boll
Island Iron Ore
New Final Fantasy XIV Island Sanctuary Gathering Items In Patch 6.3
Multicolored Isleblooms — Requires Flying, can be found on many of the isolated higher areas
Island Beehive Cap
Island Wood Opal