If you want to get Timberborn Gears, you're in the right place! This guide will tell you how to get Gears and what you use them for in Mechanistry's Beaver-themed survival city builder.
Timberborn is a survival city builder set in a world where Beavers reign supreme, long after mankind has disappeared from the world. It's not too hard to get started playing Timberborn, but building some of the more complex machines and buildings is going to require new kinds of resources. Gears are one of the many items that require more advanced manufacturing; this guide will tell you how to get Gears and what you can do with them.
How to Get Timberborn Gears
Getting Timberborn Gears is a pretty straightforward process. As with more unlockables, you're going to need to build an Inventor to unlock them. Gears, however, are a higher-tier technology and you're going to need to build some other buildings first.
Here's what you have to do:
- Get the basics of your town up and running.
- Build a Water Wheel.
- Build at least one Lumber Mill.
- Connect the Lumber Mill to your Water Wheel with Power Shafts to begin Plank production.
- Build a Warehouse to store your Planks.
- Unlock the Gear Workshop with Science points.
- Build a Gear Workshop.
- Connect the Gear Workshop to your Water Wheel with Power Shafts.
- If you don't have enough Power, build a second Water Wheel for the Gear Workshop.
- You can also use alternate sources of Power, some of which are unlocked with Science points.
- Build a Warehouse to store your Gears.
Gears require Planks to be constructed, so it's important to have a Lumber Mill up and running first.
What To Do With Gears in Timberborn
Now that you can produce Timberborn Gears, what do you do with them? As with Planks, you'll use Gears to build higher-tier buildings.
Here are the buildings you can now build with access to Gears:
- Explosives Factory
- Underground Warehouse
- Large Water Tank
- Paper Mill
- Large Windmill
- Tribute to Ingenuity
Timberborn Gears are a necessity for many of the end-game buildings, including the ability to make Bread and Explosives -- producing these items is a critical step towards building some of the most useful structures in the game. Once you're comfortably making Planks, it's time to upgrade and add a new tool to your arsenal!