Today Capcom announced the release date, details, and gameplay trailer for Street Fighter 6's upcoming new character A.K.I.
A.K.I. will be the second DLC character coming to the popular fighting game following Rashid, and she will be added to the roster on September 27.
We learn that (as many expected), she's a disciple of F.A.N.G., and players will be tasked with helping her find a herbal medicine in a new location named Tian Hong Yuan.
Here's a summary of her moves:
- Serpent Lash: From a distance, A.K.I. sends her nails flying forward like a chain, poisoning enemies she hits. When she strikes an opponent who is already poisoned, a Toxic Blossom will trigger an explosion and open enemies up to follow-up attacks.
- Nightshade Pulse: A.K.I. sends a bubble forward that also poisons enemies it hits. She can strike the bubble with Nightshade Chaser to pop it in advance, increasing its area of effect.
- Orchid Spring: A.K.I. places a puddle of poison in front of her which will affect opponents who step inside it.
- Sinister Slide: Slither across the screen to avoid threats while stalking forward and perform follow-up moves like Venomous Fang, Heel Strike, or Entrapment.
- Claws of Ya Zi: A.K.I.’s Level 3 Super Art pierces various pressure points on an opponent’s body and injects a poison that dangerously detonates from within.
You can watch her in action in the trailer below.
We also learn that a new Fighting Pass starts on September 1 leading up to A.K.I.'s release, and you can check out its content below.
A.K.I. won't be the last DLC character coming to the game, as she will be followed by Ed and Akuma respectively in Winter and Spring in 2024
Street Fighter 6 is available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. We already know that the game has sold two million copies worldwide.
If you'd like to learn more about this recently release entry in the popular fighting franchise, you can read our review in which our Robert Scarpinito defined it as "one of the easiest on-ramps to the deep world of fighting games, appealing to casual players and veterans alike. With a diverse roster, meaty gameplay, and flashy animations."