Hopoo Games has released a new update for its survival roguelike Risk of Rain 2. The Skills 2.0 update brings the Loader class back from the first game and adds a couple of new features as well. The update's live from today on PC, but we're not sure when it's coming to consoles. The dev's official console roadmap says Skills 2.0 will land for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch in fall, so console players shouldn't have too long to wait.
According to a press release by Hopoo and publisher Gearbox, the Loader fits the role of a "bruiser that excels at grappling and up-close combat". The class comes complete with five skills - one passive skill and four actives. Here's the full list:
- Passive: Scrap Barrier - The Loader is immune to fall damage. Striking enemies with the Loader's gauntlets grant a temporary barrier.
- Primary Fire: Knuckleboom - Swing at nearby enemies for 320% damage.
- Secondary Fire: Grapple Fist - Fire your gauntlet forward, pulling you to the target.
- Utility: Charged Gauntlet - Charge up a massive punch for 600% - 2700% damage that sends you flying forward. Deals significantly more damage the faster you are moving.
- Special: M551 Pylon - Throw a floating pylon that zaps up to 6 nearby enemies for 100% damage. Can be grappled.
The Skills 2.0 update also brings with it some new features to Risk of Rain 2. Each survivor now has a set of Challenges specific to them. Once you've completed these Challenges, you'll unlock new skills or skins for that survivor. Hopoo says it's planning to add new skills and skins in future updates. There's also a new area, Siren's Call, which contains a unique new boss. Lastly, there are some new items and equipment to discover. Time to hop back into the world of Risk of Rain 2 and check out all this new stuff.
Risk of Rain 2 is a third-person roguelike shooter available right now via Steam Early Access. You can also grab the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. It launched back in April this year and the devs say they're going to keep it in Early Access for around twelve months. We rather enjoyed the game when we spent some time with it, so we're looking forward to this new update.
Will you be checking out the Skills 2.0 update for Risk of Rain 2? Let us know in the comments below!