The FFXIV house demolition timer was supposed to restart next week. Now, Square Enix has announced that it is not restarting the timer just yet, making your Final Fantasy XIV house safe... for now. Additionally, new details have been revealed for Patch 6.1.
Final Fantasy XIV is Square Enix's flagship MMORPG, based on the highly popular Final Fantasy franchise of JRPGs. It was so popular, in fact, that players were facing insanely-long login queues, ultimately resulting in the company pausing new sales of the game.
Sales have since resumed, and that also meant that the FFXIV house demolition timer was going to start again next week. However, Square Enix has just announced a temporary reversal of that decision.
Why Was FFXIV House Demolition Paused Again?
FFXIV house demolition has been paused once again due to the "current world situation." Square Enix's announcement doesn't specify what exactly that means, but I imagine they're probably talking about the war in Ukraine.
Here's the text of today's announcement:
We had originally planned to recommence the currently suspended auto-demolition counter on Wednesday, March 9, 2022. However, considering the current world situation, we have decided to keep the counter suspended.
As for when auto-demolition will resume, we will monitor the situation in the coming days, and inform you all when we have come to a decision that auto-demolition can commence again.
While the re-suspension (or perhaps un-cancellation?) of FFXIV house demolition will certainly be welcomed by players taking a break from the game, take note of that last line in the announcement -- it won't last forever. The house demolition timer will resume once again at some point in the future. A date and time has not yet been decided.
FFXIV Patch 6.1 Details Revealed in Developer Livestream
In addition to the re-suspension of FFXIV house demolition, some FFXIV Patch 6.1 details were revealed in a livestream in the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE. The lengthy livestream does not have captions, but a subsequent press release has some details on some of the highlights.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to arriving in the next major update to the game:
- New Main Scenario Quests - Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a new chapter for Warriors of Light.
- "Tataru’s Grand Endeavor" - The spotlight falls upon Tataru in this new sidequest series, which will begin in Patch 6.1 and run until Patch 6.5.
- New Role Quest - An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- PvP Updates - New PvP content known as Crystalline Conflict, PvP action updates, and a new rewards system will be implemented.
- New Housing Area - Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, will become available for purchase.
- The Unending Codex - A new glossary of characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 can be unlocked in the main scenario of Patch 6.1. All characters and terms will not be immediately available, with new entries added as the story unfolds.
- New Dungeon - Further details to be announced at a later date.
- New Trial - The Endsinger’s Aria.
- New Unreal Trial - Ultima’s Bane (Unreal).
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid - Myths of the Realm #1.
- Miscellaneous Updates - Additional content including job adjustments, New Game+ for Endwalker and a portion of 6.1, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and more.
New raids, new chapters, a new dungeon, and more make for a pretty robust list of content coming in the next FFXIV patch. For now, you can buy Final Fantasy XIV for PC and PlayStation starting at $19.99 or your regional equivalent.