Dead by Daylight developer Behaviour Digital has shared the roadmap for the game's upcoming year three content. The news was announced on their website, in which everything from new characters to new maps is detailed. You can check out the full list of upcoming content below:
- 4 new survivors
- 4 new killers
- 4 new maps
- A new progression system allowing players to unlock non-licensed survivors and killers by playing actively
- New paid cosmetic items that won’t impact the gameplay with most of them unlockable by playing too, whether you play a lot or more casually.
- A new ranking system for a more meaningful, more inclusive and more rewarding progress.
- A new deployment process to trial new features and content on PC first, using PTB, meaning we can push it to all platforms as soon as it feels ready, rather than as soon as we can.
- Anti-cheat reinforcement to help make Dead by Daylight a better place for all players.
- A tutorial mode to improve new players’ onboarding and allow anyone to brush up their skills before going into ranked games.
- Better tools to handle toxicity
- Dedicated mid-chapter patches to make sure the content is as clean as possible, to look at some of the balancing element, but also to add quality of life improvements and polish when needed
This reveal comes hot on the heels of the news which broke earlier this week, announcing that Behaviour Digital has bought the publishing rights to Dead by Daylight. Speaking on the deal, Starbreeze COO Mikael Nermar said the following:
"We aim to be 'The Good Publisher' and are happy to be a part of giving external development partners the opportunity to own their own future. It has been a joy working with Behaviour and we wish them continued success."
Behaviour CEO Rémi Racine added: "We are incredibly proud of everything we have accomplished on Dead by Daylight, building a strong IP that has sold over 3 million copies. Our community is the backbone of our success and we are totally committed to continue investing and growing the game. We would like to thank the team at Starbreeze for their collaboration and efforts to jointly make Dead by Daylight a success."
Are you excited about the future of Dead by Daylight? Let us know in the comments.