The remake of Dead Space is now out and it's time for Isaac to step back onto the Ishimura and witness the horror of the marker that was found on Aegis VII. As you progress through the game you'll encounter a wide variety of collectibles and equipment whether they be the text or data logs that reveal more of what happened aboard the Ishimura or upgrades for your guns and Engineer Suit. In this Dead Space Chapter 1 Collectibles Guide - New Arrivals we'll go over where everything you'll want to collect is so that you can get the whole picture.
Unlike the original Dead Space, there are a lot more secrets to reveal and backtracking to perform that manifest as locked doors with certain security clearances. You'll obtain more of these as you make your way through the story so it's in your best interest to progress through the game to the point where you have Security Clearance 3 before you decide to fully commit to returning to previous areas of the Ishimura. This will ensure you only need to backtrack once.
Dead Space Chapter 1 Collectibles
- Background Request - Text Log - After gaining control of Isaac explore the ship that you docked in. In an alcove, you'll find this text log. You will not be able to backtrack to this if you miss it.
- Sponsored Article: The USG Ishimura - Text Log - This Audio Log is in the South-East corner of the Flight Lounge. If you miss it when you first arrive here before the first Necromorph attack you'll have another chance to obtain it when you run through this area later after returning from the Tram, and once again still near the end of Chapter 2.
- Run! - Audiolog - Obtained through story progression
- Send Help - Audio log - After defeating your first Necromorph with the Plasma Cutter walk down the hallway and take a right. You'll pass through a doorway where there's a flashing mail icon on the wall immediately across from you. Interact with this to obtain the audio log.
- Repair the tram system - Video Call - Obtained through story progression
After speaking with Hammond and learning of the Tram issues you'll have the choice to head to the Maintenance Bay or the Tram Repair Room. The collectibles going forward will be organized by where you can obtain them, not in the order they appear in the menu. We recommend heading towards the Tram Repair Room first as that's where you can get the Stasis Module.
Dead Space Chapter 1 Collectibles - Tram Repair Room
- Stasis Door - Audio Log - Obtained through story progression
- Stasis Module Request - Audio Log - Once you first enter the Tram Repair Room in Tram control look on the surface to the right to find this Audio Log. This is the room with the two large clamping arms that will remove the tram from the tracks.
- Replaced the Tram Car - Audio Log - Obtained through story progression
- Auoloader - Audio Log - Obtained through story progression
- Node #1 - Once you first enter the Tram Repair Room in Tram control follow the right wall to find a wall-mounted box with a Node inside. This is the room with the two large clamping arms that will remove the tram from the tracks.
Dead Space Chapter 1 Collectibles - Maintenance Bay
- Node #2 - On your way to the Maintenance Bay from the Tram control room you'll see a door to your left. Head inside to find this Node.
- Repair Invoice - Text Log - From the Maintenance Bay kill the Necromorphs and take the elevator up. In the last room where you flip the breaker and turn out the lights first look at the chair to find this Text Log
- Dismemberment - Audio Log - Obtained through story progression
- Node #3 - Inside the Maintenance Bay Office walk to the far wall to find a wall-mounted box with this Node inside.
- Poker Invitation - Text Log - Inside the Maintenance Bay Office walk to the far wall and look around the shelves to find this text log.
- Found the Data Board - Audio Log - Obtained through story progression
Dead Space Chapter 1 Collectibles - After repairing the tram
- En Route To The Bridge - Video Call - Obtained through story progression
- Node #4 - As you are returning to check on the status of the Kellion, the ship you arrived on, you'll head back up the elevator. After seeing the Necromorph that originally chased you down the corridor follow it through the winding passages keeping an eye on your left. As you're walking up the Flight Deck hallway you'll pass by a supply room. Head in here for another Node.
- Arrived on the Bridge - Audio Log - Obtained through story progression.
- Go to medical - Video Log - Obtained through story progression
Dead Space Chapter 1 Collectibles - Return Trip
- Security Level 1
- Node #5 - Return to the locked door on the tram tracks to find this Node when you have unlocked Security Level 1