With the complexities of the crafting system is deeply tied into the core gameplay, our New World Mining Luck Guide will help you find more rare ores.
What is New World Mining Luck?
Mining luck in New World increases your chance to get rare drops when you mine veins in the world. As long as your mining skill is high enough for each type of node, you can mine it for the base resource, such as iron or starmetal. However, there are more rare ores and items you can obtain from certain nodes, like Fae Iron in Iron Veins. In order to get these, you'll want to raise your mining luck.
What Does Mining Luck do?
Mining luck increases the chances you'll get a special drop outside of the standard ore that you'll obtain from nodes. Here's what you can mine in New World:
- Stones/Boulders (Level 0): Stone + Sliver of Adamant/Adderstone
- Iron Vein (Level 0): Iron Ore + Small Quartz Crystal, Fae Iron, Voidmetal, Sliver of Cobalt, Shard of Cobalt, Chunk of Cobalt, Sliver of Crystal, Shard of Crystal, Chunk of Crystal, Varied Tiered Gems
- Silver Vein (Level 10): Silver Ore + Small Quartz Crystal, Varied Tiered Gems
- Seeping Stone (Level 20): Oil
- Gold Vein (Level 45): Gold Ore + Small Quartz Crystal, Varied Tiered Gems
- Alchemy Stones (Level 50): Putrid / Freezing / Crystalline / Gleaming / Molten / Loamy / Shocking Loadstone + Elemental Motes, Crafting Mods
- Starmetal Vein (Level 100): Starmetal Ore + Small Quartz Crystal, Azurite Chunk , Sliver of Cobalt, Shard of Cobalt, Chunk of Cobalt, Sliver of Crystal, Shard of Crystal, Chunk of Crystal, Varied Tiered Gems
- Platinum Vein (Level 110): Platinum Ore + Small Quartz Crystal, Varied Tiered Gems
- Orichalcum Vein (Level 175): Orichalcum Ore + Small Quartz Crystal, Sliver of Cobalt, Shard of Cobalt, Chunk of Cobalt, Sliver of Crystal, Shard of Crystal, Chunk of Crystal, Varied Tiered Gems, Void Ore, Tolvium & Cinnabar
If you want to mine Fae Iron, you'll want a higher Mining Luck score in order to be able to find it more frequently.
How do I raise my New World Mining Luck?
There are two ways to increase your mining luck - craft pickaxes with the mining luck Perk, or by eating food that increases your mining luck for a period of time.
New World Mining Luck - How to improve my luck by crafting?
Early on, Engineering level 0 is required to craft an Iron Mining Pick, which gives a single Perk Slot. If you have a Starmetal Miner's Charm, you can quickly add mining luck to the pick, or you can roll the dice and spend 15 Azoth to attempt to get a mining luck perk. As you grow your engineering skills, you'll be able to craft better picks with more slots.
How to Get Starmetal Miner's Charms
Starmental Miner's Charms can't be crafted, they have to be found in the myriad number of chests found across Aeternum. Your best bet, early on, is to purchase them from the Trading Post in one of the cities. For the best deal, should you choose to do so, be sure to sort by price from Lowest to Highest!
New World Mining Picks
- Level 0 Engineering: Iron Mining Pick, 1 Perk Slot
- Level 50 Engineering: Steel Mining Pick, 2 Perk Slots
- Level 100 Engineering: Starmetal Mining Pick, 3 Perk Slots
- Level 150 Engineering: Orichalcum Mining Pick, 4 Perk Slots
New World Mining Luck - How to improve my luck from food?
In order to ensure your mining luck is as high as possible, you'll also want to craft mining luck food. There are 5 mining luck recipes available that raise your mining luck:
New World Mining Luck Recipes
- Cooking Level 7 (Tier 1 Kitchen) - Roasted Potatoes, +1000 pts mining luck for 20 minutes
- Cooking Level 17 (Tier 2 Kitchen) - Herb-Roasted Potatoes, +1400 pts mining luck for 25 minutes
- Cooking Level 20 (Tier 3 Kitchen) - BoiledPotatoes, +1700 pts mining luck for 30 minutes
- Cooking Level 40 (Tier 4 Kitchen) - Poultry with Roasted Potatoes, +1900 pts mining luck for 35 minutes
- Cooking Level 60 (Tier 5 Kitchen) - Salted Roasted Vegetables, +2000 pts mining luck for 40 minutes
New World's Crafting Systems are intricately intertwined with each other, cooking impacts your other skills, and to improve and craft better items, you'll need good engineering skills as well as a bit of, as you can see here, luck!