Chivalry 2 is the sequel to the well-renown Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, a medieval slasher with a penchant for limb mutilation and guttural vocal performances, be it painful screams or intimidating shouts. As a sequel, Chivalry 2 sets out to build upon the foundation of its predecessor with an additional layer of mind games that already had formed such a vital component of the original game. Every single piece of movement will feel and sound weighty and satisfying, be it attacking or gruesomely landing a hit.
Here's a bit from the website:
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era - from the thunder of cavalry charges to storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges and more.
What are its new features?Chivalry 2 advances the vision of the original game with a true sequel. If you follow our development you’ll come to a better understanding of what all the below means but in a quick list…
- Massive scale: 64 players in sprawling, multi-stage Team Objective maps, complete with epic castle sieges, forest ambushes, and good old medieval pillaging.
- Next-gen visual leap: AAA presentation. Unreal Engine 4.
- Revamped Combat System: All-new combat moves, a weighty and physical animation system, and new, faster and more natural combat flow re-establish the Chivalry franchise as the best melee combat system ever made.
- Mounted combat: Forged with the same principles that built our melee combat system, horses are intended not just for map traversal and drive-bys but are an integrated part of the entire Chivalry 2 battlefield experience.
- Expanded sandbox: Battlefields are littered with things to interact with. Grab a chicken, set it on fire and throw it; catapult a corpse across the field; improvise a new fighting style with pitchforks – or tomatoes!
- Enhanced player expression: What fun is stabbing without screaming? All new over the top characters and thousands of voice lines along with deep character customization provide incredible options for player creativity and roleplaying.
- Battered and bloodied: Keep fighting with missing limbs or even if downed and gasping your last breath. Chivalry 2 is about the feeling of survival against the odds and – if you do go down – the opportunity to make it a glorious death.