Today Square Enix opened the store page of a tabletop RPG dedicated to the super-popular MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV.
The page was taken down a few hours after it appeared, indicating that the product was likely leaked ahead of time.
It's quite likely that the announcement was due during the Letter from the Producer Live broadcast from Tokyo Game Show this weekend.
According to a cached version of the page, the Final Fantasy XIV TTRPG Starter Set is priced at $59.99 and promises to "let you experience Eorzea from a whole new perspective."
Like many classic TTRPGs, one of the players takes on the role of the Game Master and works together with the adventurers to create their unique stories in the world of the game.
The release window is May 2024 and the stater set includes everything you need to play. Here's a list of the box's contents.
- Player Book
- This beginner-friendly book contains everything a new player needs to learn the ropes and rules of roleplaying games.
- Gamemaster Book:
- This handbook offers tips and advice for budding game masters, and includes three ready-to-run premade scenarios that tie in directly to Final Fantasy XlV's main story.
- Premade Character Sheets:
- 4 Premade Full-color Character Sheets (Warrior, White Mage, Dragoon, Black Mage)
- Custom Design Dice:
- 6d20 & 10d6 (16 in total)
- Rules Summary & Strategy Guide
- Encounter Map
- Character Tokens
- Ability Markers
The number of players is marked between 3 and 5 (but 5 players are recommended) and the playtime is indicated at over 120 minutes.
If you're not familiar with Final Fantasy XIV, it's currently available for PS5, PS4, and PC.
An Xbox Series X|S version is coming with a spring 2024 release window and an open beta scheduled to start soon.
Players are also eagerly anticipating the Dawntrail expansion, which will release next summer.