The Dreams 2.06 Update has arrived and it's bringing with it a brand-new art pack! These new creations can let you make an Animal Crossing-style world that's comfy as heck.
Media Molecule announced the new update with a video on their Twitter:
Surprise! A new update for #DreamsPS4 is live now! 🙌🌟— Media Molecule (@mediamolecule) March 4, 2020
🎨 A brand new Art Pack
🟢 Online friends indicator
⚒️ Fixes, improvements & more
Take a look at our brand new Welcome Garden Art Pack with this lovely video! #MadeInDreams pic.twitter.com/EGxL9rT7wy
The background scenery is covered with grassy hills and several blobby trees in a cutesy art style. After a quick look around the terrain, we get into the real meat of the new additions.
The "Welcome Gardens Art Pack" doesn't just add some shiny trees; we also see several other new pieces of furniture and flora. The Dreams 2.06 update highlights some pretty cool items in the trailer:
- Multiple new trees and log stumps
- New sunflowers, flowers, and mushrooms
- New wall lamps and freestanding lamps
- A stone bridge
- A wooden cabin
- Wooden fences, stools
- Various gardening equipment like sacks, pots, shovels, and a watering can
- Kitchen pieces like countertops, a stove, a sink, and a fridge
- and more!
What Else Is Coming in the Dreams 2.06 Update?
That's not all that's being added in this update! Aside from the Welcome Garden Art Pack, players are also getting the following improvements:
- Community Jam Collections - We’ve added support for specifying a collection to use with a Community Jam. This means a better starting point for folks who want to enter but don’t quite know where to begin.
- Online Indicator - A green dot next to a dreamer’s name indicates they are online.
- New: Most Used Creation now in the Impy Awards playlists.
- Updated: Various tweaks and improvements to the Community Jam UI.
- Fixed: Issue where the notifications feed would return to the start of the list after viewing one.
- Other minor tweaks and improvements.
Community Jams, in particular, are weekly events where users try to create their own original content using a set theme. Now it's easier than ever to participate for bragging rights when trying to create the coolest new stuff in Dreams!
You can read the full Dreams 2.06 update patch notes for all of the fine details. If you don't yet already own Dreams, you can buy it on the PlayStation Store or grab a physical copy on Amazon at the price of $39.99 or your regional equivalent.
Disclosure: Amazon works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from some links in this article.
What do you think of the new items added in the Dreams 2.06 update? Do you like the new Welcome Garden Art Pack? Let us know in the comments below!