Bungie has detailed more Destiny 2 Void 3.0 changes, including some changes to the Aspect system and the introduction of new Aspects for the upcoming launch of The Witch Queen.
Bungie has recently celebrated its 30th anniversary, but it's also kept its eye on the prize: Destiny 2 has been ramping up for the launch of The Witch Queen later this month. We first learned some major details last summer, and a new documentary arrived yesterday with some cool story details. Now, a new blog post breaks down some of the changes coming to the Aspect system.
How Destiny 2 Void 3.0 is Changing the Game
New Destiny 2 Void 3.0 details were revealed in a blog post (via Reddit), explaining some of the changes and improvements that are coming to the game with the upcoming launch of The Witch Queen.
If you haven't been following Destiny 2, "Void 3.0" is Bungie's name for an overhaul of the game's elemental powers. (Changes to Arc and Solar will be coming sometime in the future.) Not much has changed with Void abilities for the better part of 5 years, but Bungie is keen on shaking things up.
"We're trying to codify each of the damage types so that each element has its own world of gameplay that [it's] dominant over," Destiny Designer Kevin Yanes said. "For example, Stasis is the domain of crowd control. We looked at what Void was about both thematically and mechanically. Void is about gravity. It's about space. It's about the cosmic. That means we want things to feel like you're shooting black holes that drag people in. There’s a lot of personality we can draw from that creates cool mechanics."
Building on the foundation of Aspects and Fragments, the Destiny 2 Void 3.0 changes will include new actions for Guardians to use in combat. Fortunately, Bungie also provided some examples.
New Titan Aspects in Destiny 2 Void 3.0
- Controlled Demolition: Hitting a target with a Void ability or volatile detonation will make them volatile.
- Bastion: Casting Barricade generates overshield for yourself and nearby allies. Those bunkering behind the shield will regenerate overshield over time and extend the overshield’s duration.
- Offensive Bulwark: While you have overshield or are inside the Ward of Dawn, grenades charge significantly faster and you have increased melee damage. You also gain an additional shield throw for your Sentinel Shield Super.
New Hunter Aspects in Destiny 2 Void 3.0
- Trapper’s Ambush: Player can activate Quickfall to spend their melee charge and dive to the ground, creating a smoke cloud upon impact. Enemies caught in the cloud are weakened and allies become invisible. In addition, Snare Bombs, upon attaching to surfaces or enemies, cause nearby allies to become invisible.
- Vanishing Step: Dodging makes the Hunter invisible.
- Stylish Executioner: Defeating a Void-debuffed target (weakened, suppressed, or volatile) grants invisibility and Truesight. While invisible and after a Stylish Execution, your next melee attack weakens enemies.
New Warlock Aspects in Destiny 2 Void 3.0
- Chaos Accelerant: Hold down the grenade button to overcharge your Vortex, Axion Bolt, Scatter, and Magnetic grenades. Magnetic grenades overcharge into Handheld Supernova.
- Feed the Void: Defeat an enemy with a Void ability to activate devour.
- Child of the Old Gods: Cast your Rift to summon a Void Soul. When you damage an enemy with your weapon, your Void Soul will launch itself towards them and detonate nearby, attaching draining tendrils which deal damage and weaken the target. When your Void Soul deals damage, it restores either melee and grenade energy (if running Healing Rift), or health (if running Empowering Rift) back to you. Defeating an enemy who is being drained grants Rift energy.
These look like some pretty interesting improvements to Bungie's long-running FPS MMO! While you have to wait until February 22 for new content, you can jump into the game right now by playing Destiny 2 for free on PC, consoles, and Stadia via its official website.
What do you think of the new Destiny 2 Void 3.0 Aspects? Do you think The Witch Queen will live up to the hype? Let us know in the comments below!