In this guide, we'll help you find and solve every Alan Wake 2 Nursery Rhyme, which are spread out across all 3 areas in the game.
With the game of Alan Wake being set in the same world of Remedy's Control, there's a number of references to the FBC. In making your way through the game, and completing the puzzles below - you'll uncover a mystery related to them.
Where to find all of the Alan Wake 2 Dolls - I'll Find You Achievement
In order to complete the Rhyme puzzles below, you'll need to collect all 13 dolls in the game, all found near one of the Rhymes. You can check your progress by utilizing Saga's Mind Palace.
- Crow Doll - Found near Rhyme 1
- Wolf Doll - Found near Rhyme 2
- Hero Doll - Found near Rhyme 2
- Deer Doll - Found near Rhyme 5
- Moose Doll - Found near Rhyme 5
- Trickster Doll - Found near Rhyme 6
- Bear Doll - Found near Rhyme 9
- Wise Elder Doll - Found near Rhyme 9
- Mother Doll - Found near Rhyme 9
- Child Doll - Found near Rhyme 9
- Monster Doll - Found near Rhyme 10
- Maiden Doll - Found near Rhyme 11
- Father Doll - Found near the last Rhyme you complete. See the last section of the guide for how to complete the Witchfinder's Station!
Cauldron Lake Nursery Rhyme Locations and Solutions
Nursery Rhyme 1
- Location: After completing Chapter 3, you’ll head over a bridge to find this riddle on your left after unlocking Stash #3.
- Solution: You’ll find the Crow Doll on the nearby picnic table, pick it up and place it on the correct corresponding answer, such as the Sun for “1 bird for light.” - this gives the Hammer Charm. Make sure to pick up the Crow doll after solving the puzzle!
Nursery Rhyme 2
- Location: Northwest of the previous rhyme is the Witchfinder’s Station, which has another one just outside.
- Solution: Find the Wolf Doll and Hero Doll upstairs in the house, and place the Wolf on the Boat and the Wolf in the Forest to match the corresponding verses in the Rhyme. Once done, follow the wolf tracks upstairs to the small box left in the playpen to get the Coffee Mug Charm. Make sure to pick up the dolls after!
Nursery Rhyme 3
- Location: Near Rhyme 2, you’ll find a Private Cabin that can be turned into a Break Room by turning on the generator. To the right of the door is Rhyme #3, and you’ll use the dolls from the previous 2 riddles to solve this one.
- Solution: Based on the Riddle, place the Crow on the Bird, the Wolf on the House, and the Hero on the Heart. This will unlock the reward, which is back towards Streamside’s pond just north of you, where you’ll hear some crow and wolf noises, and two enemies (and then a wolf) to defeat. Your reward is the Kalevala Knights Charm. Don’t forget the dolls!
Nursery Rhyme 4
- Location: Once you have the boltcutters, you can enter the Rental Cabin. Go through Cabin 3 and head left to get into another set of Cabins. You'll find this one inside Cabin 4.
- Solution: You'll need the Crow, Hero, and Monster Dolls for this puzzle. Per the Riddle, place the Hero on the Jewelry, Crow on the Eye, and Monster on the Hatching Egg. Head outside and fight the taken, then enter Cabin 6 to find the Coffee Mug Charm.
Watery Nursery Rhyme Locations and Solutions
Nursery Rhyme 5
- Location: Once you make it to Watery, you’ll have to head back into the woods. After encountering, and defeating a Taken – there's a split in the path. Head right, and you’ll find this tucked away just above the main trail.
- Solution: Pick Up the Deer and Moose Dolls, and the solution is pretty simple – place the Deer Doll on the Tree. This will give you another Coffee Mug Charm, and don’t forget the dolls!
Nursery Rhyme 6
- Location: You’ll find this location in the Woods shortly after you enter Watery, they’re just southwest of (below) the Radio Tower on the map.
- Solution: Place the Deer Doll on the indicated place in the Poem where one deer goes to. Head up towards the radio tower to find the Deer Charm next to the body of a Deer.
Nursery Rhyme 7
- Location: You'll find this outside the Watery Lighthouse, on your way from Coffee World to the main Watery area and your car.
- Solution: Pick up the Trickster Doll at the entrance of the lighthouse. Based on the riddle, place the Wise Elder on the Eye and the Trickster on the Waves.
Nursery Rhyme 8
- Location: You'll find this in Watery, after completing the main task in Coffee World. Head to the very end of the dock at Latte Lagoon.
- Solution: There’s no doll nearby to pickup, so head to the end of the dock and based on the Riddle, place the trickster on the jewelry, the Moose in the Waves, and the Deer in the Boat. You’ll be able to pick up the Mr. Drippy Charm off a boat that floats towards the edge of the lagoon.
Nursery Rhyme 9
- Location: You'll find this in Watery, after completing the main task in Coffee World. Head to the very end of the dock at the bottom of the trailer park.
- Solution: Pick up the Bear Doll and Wise Elder Doll at the fish cleaning station (in front and to the left of the dock entrance), and then the Child Doll and Mother Doll at the start of the dock. The solution to this is to place the Bear Doll on the Candy, and the Wise Elder on the waves. Follow the trail of fish to the cleaning station to pick up the Coffee World Charm.
Nursery Rhyme 10
- Location: You'll find this behind the Ranger Station after completing the main task in Coffee World.
- Solution: Head upstairs (through the front door) and pick up the Monster Doll in the back room. Head back to the Nursery Rhyme and place the Bear Doll on the Heart, and The Maiden Doll on the Forest. Head inside and up the stairs to claim the FBC Charm.
Nursery Rhyme 11
- Location: You'll find this in the locked trailer home behind the Bar in Watery. You’ll get the screwdriver from completing Coffee World, and then you can come back here.
- Solution: Pick up the Maiden Doll in the Kitchen, and based on the Rhyme – place her on the house, and place the Trickster on the Jewelry. Head outside to find a Coffee Mug Charm in the mailbox near the stairs.
Nursery Rhyme 12
- Location: You'll find this in the mobile home in Watery's trailer park, locked behind a gate that you need boltcutters for.
- Solution: Place the Wise Elder on the Eye, and the Deer Doll on the Heart. A cultist will spawn behind you, take him down to grab the Deerfest Charm.
Bright Falls Nursery Rhyme Locations and Solutions
Bright Falls has the least Nursery Rhymes, with 4 to find littered across it. You won't be able to find this until after you visit Watery for the first time.
Nursery Rhyme 13
- Locations: You'll find this in Bright Falls, just beyond a Stash that you’ll find over the bridge in the woods and north/above the Break Room.
- Solution: You’ll need the Mother and Child Doll for this one. Based on the Rhyme, you’ll place the Child Doll in the Woods, and Mother Doll in the House. Once completed, head back along the path to find the Lantern Charm.
Nursery Rhyme 14
- Locations: You'll find this in Bright Falls, between the Valhalla Nursing Home and Bright Falls as you make your way back. It's inside a building along the edge of the sea.
- Solution: You’ll need the Child and Monster Doll for this one. Based on the Riddle, place the Monster on the Candy, and the Child in the House. You'll hear the doorbell ring, followed by footsteps upstairs. Follow the steps to find another Coffee Charm.
Nursery Rhyme 15
- Locations: You'll find this in Bright Falls, between the Valhalla Nursing Home and Bright Falls as you make your way back. It's on the beach before you get to the Boatyard.
- Solution: You’ll need the Mother, Child, and Monster Doll for this one. Based on the Riddle, place the Monster on the Sea, the child on the Jewelry, and the Mother in the Boat. Footsteps will appear, follow them to get the Valhalla Nursing Home charm. There's also an Alex Casey Lunchbox near the reward.
Nursery Rhyme 16
- Locations: You'll find this in the Bright Falls boatyard, on the main dock.
- Solution: You’ll need the Mother, and Monster Doll for this one. Based on the Riddle, place the Monster on the Boat, and the Mother on the Sea. Follow the blood into the boatyard and defeat some enemies to claim the Anchor Charm.
The Final Rhyme - Witchfinder's Station Nursery Rhyme Solution
Once you've complete all 16 of the Nursery Rhymes - an FBC case will appear near the one you just completed, giving you the Father Doll and details about the Witchfinder's Station being the final test.
Head back to Cauldron Lake and the Witchfinder's Station. As you step into the building, you'll hear a recorder:
On our Hero, the faraway Father still kept an eye,
And told her not to stand out in the light too bright
While the loving Mother and her Hatchling only tried to survive
When a tricky Witch opened a way into the dark Lake,
Our Hero, against all caution, did a bold step take,
Away from the Sun which would make her blind to all that she could see.
One the floor is chalk drawings, similar to what comprised the Nursery Rhymes you've already completed.
- Eye (Living Room) - Father Doll
- Heart (First Floor Kitchen) - Mother Doll
- Sun (First Floor bedroom) - Hero Doll
- Sea (Second Floor Bathroom) - Trickster Doll
- Hatchling (Second Floor Pen) - Child Doll
Once you've placed each doll, the Shift in Reality achievement will pop, and downstairs someone will ask for you on the Walkie Talkie. Talk to him, and a Darkness Orb will appear - destroy it with your flashlight to find another small box - it won't look like anything happened, but it actually expands your bracelet by 1 charm!
Now that you've completed all of the Nursery Rhymes, make sure you check out our guides for the Alex Casey Lunchboxes, and Cult Stashes in Alan Wake 2! If you're looking to 100% the game, we've also got a guide on How to get the Mayor Setter Charm & Unlock All Charms too!