The Talos Principle 2 has you roaming around various locales in search of tricky brain teasers. Our guide discusses how to complete the Transposition and Preconnected Lost Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2. These challenges are found in the East 3 - Eastern Wetlands sector.
All the Lost Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2 aren’t numbered. Instead, they have triangle symbols denoting their type/category. However, they’ll still get added to your overall tally in that particular cluster if you want to head into the tower structure.
How to Complete the Transposition and Preconnected Lost Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2
The Talos Principle 2 Transposition and Preconnected puzzles, much like the others in the Eastern Wetlands, tend to use a device known as an Inverter. When hit by a beam, the Inverter will fire out the opposite color. For instance, getting hit by a red beam means it will have a blue light, and vice versa.
Lost Puzzle: Transposition Solution
These are the steps that you need to do if you want to solve The Talos Principle 2 Transposition puzzle:
- First, take the Inverter and make sure that it’s positioned properly next to the wall with metal bars and gaps.
- Link the Inverter with the blue light source.
- Use the Jammer so you can pass through the barrier.
- Link the Connector with the Inverter, as well as the red receptacle that has the Driller.
Now that you’ve got the Driller, it’s time to open up new pathways for your beams. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Take the Driller and bore a hole through the rusty wall near the entrance. You should be able to see a clear opening to the other side of the enclosure.
- Swap the positions of the Inverter and the Connector by grabbing them through the hole made by the Driller.
- The Connector should link to the blue light source and blue receptacle.
- Meanwhile, the Inverter should link to the Connector and the red receptacle.
Lost Puzzle: Preconnected Solution
The Talos Principle 2 Preconnected puzzle can be somewhat tricky. As the name implies, you need to link devices together well before they’re activated:
- Pull the Inverter through the hole made by the Driller.
- Place the Inverter on the plate so you can pass through the barrier.
- Take the Driller and place it on the plate instead.
- Now, you can bring the Inverter to the main area. You need to link it with the following:
- The red light source in the initial area.
- The blue receptacle on the wall next to the barrier.
- The blue receptacle near the other Inverter.
- Once you’ve done the necessary linking, pick up the Driller and bore a hole through the wall in front of the red light source.
The above steps ensure that the Inverter’s beams will all get activated, while also keeping the barrier disabled. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Grab the other Inverter and link it with the red light source. You need to move a bit to the right just to target it from afar.
- Also, link the Inverter with the blue receptacle that opens the barrier.
- Place the Inverter on a spot that has the perfect angle (i.e. red beam from the light source, which will also hit the receptacle).
- Return to the initial area. This time, place the Driller on the plate and have it face the rusty wall to the right.
- The Driller should bore a hole through the wall, allowing the beam to pass through, hitting the Inverter and, subsequently, the receptacle for the barrier.
- Finally, take the first Inverter in the main area and link it with the second Inverter and the red receptacle that unlocks the terminal.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to complete the Transposition and Preconnected puzzles in The Talos Principle 2. There are more challenges that await you in the game’s other sectors, so be on the lookout for these brain teasers.