The Talos Principle 2 has a lot of puzzles that are meant to create both frustrating and inspiring moments. Our guide discusses how to complete the Keeping Connections and Loop Lost Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2. These are found in the East 2 - Wooded Plateau sector.
Similar to the other Lost Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2, these two also count toward your overall tally within a zone’s cluster. As such, it’s up to you if you want to focus solely on the numbered puzzles or if you want to tackle these as well.
How to Complete the Keeping Connections and Loop Lost Puzzles in The Talos Principle 2
The tool that’s often used in objectives in the Wooded Plateau, such as the Keeping Connections and Loop puzzles in The Talos Principle 2, is called the Driller. This device can bore holes through weakened or rusty walls, as long as it’s placed properly and facing that surface. This allows you to grab objects through the hole, or have laser beams pass through. The only downside is that you can’t pull the Driller itself through a hole that it made.
Lost Puzzle: Keeping Connections Solution
Here’s what you need to do if you want to solve The Talos Principle 2 Keeping Connections puzzle:
- Go to the back of the area to grab the Connector.
- Then, use the Driller to open a hole on the wall on the left-hand side. This lets you link the Connector with the red light source.
- Use the Driller to bore a hole on the right-hand side so the Connector can be linked to the red receptacle as well. Make sure you right-click on the Connector so that the links are kept.
- Push the object through the hole made by the Driller to open the gate.
You should now be able to access the small nook that has another Connector. Here are the next steps:
- Grab the second Connector and link it to the first one, as well as the red receptacle.
- Return to the initial area and pull the first Connector out of the Driller hole.
- Bring back the Driller to the left-hand side and bore a hole through the wall, once again revealing the red light source.
- Reposition the first Connector so that it’s linked to the red light and the second Connector. Don’t worry since the beam will still pass through the transparent barrier.
- Finally, use the second Connector to link to the red receptacle at the end.
Lost Puzzle: Loop Solution
The Talos Principle 2 Loop puzzle also has a related achievement called “Just One Lap.” Here’s what you need to know:
- Take the Connector and put it on the plate to make the barrier disappear.
- Go to the other side and move the Hexahedron close to the weakened wall.
- Use the Driller on the wall so you can pull the Hexahedron through the hole.
- Put the Hexahedron on the plate. Then, put the Connector on the other side of the hole.
- Link the Connector with the red light source and the red receptacle.
You’re done with the first portion, so make sure you handle the next steps properly:
- Place the Driller in the proper spot–the segment of the wall with metal bars and an opening. Have it face the rusty wall near the fan and bore a hole through it.
- Put the Hexahedron next to the hole, then step on the fan plate. The fan will push the block to the other side.
- Pick up the Driller again and have it face the opposite wall. This lets you grab the Hexahedron from the other side.
- Finally, place both the Connector and the Hexahedron on the plates so you can tag the terminal.
If you did the above steps correctly, you’ll earn the “Just One Lap” achievement as well. That means you were able to solve The Talos Principle 2 Loop puzzle in one attempt and without going around in multiple circles.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to complete the Keeping Connections and Loop puzzles in The Talos Principle 2. Now that you’re done with these tasks, you might want to know how to solve the Lost Puzzles in the East 3 - Eastern Wetlands sector.