Devolver Digital is well known for their eclectic mix of games and a new one has just joined the roster. SLUDGE LIFE is a brand-new title where you can spray graffiti and harass the locals — and it's playable at PAX East 2020 right now!
Check out the debut trailer for this new game:
As you can see from the trailer, SLUDGE LIFE rocks a weird aesthetic reminiscent of CRT televisions. The world is jam-packed with strange creatures like a fly man (no, he's not cool, he's literally a fly) and a cat with two buttholes for some reason.
The game is playable at PAX East 2020 on a massive 20-foot LED screen for the entirety of the convention if you're attending this year's show. If not, you're going to have to wait for it to be released on the PC and Nintendo Switch in the near future.
What Can You Do in SLUDGE LIFE?
So, what can you do in this weird game from Devolver Digital? It's not exactly clear in the trailer aside from a bunch of talking and occasionally spray-painting things. Thankfully, details about the game's features were included in a press release from Devolver.
Here's the list of features:
- Experience the thrills of vandalism from the safety of your computer.
- Curiosity and free will are your only motivators - roll as you please through a tiny open-world.
- Find and download apps to your laptop and waste your life away playing a game within a game.
- Smoke Ciggy Cigs brand cigarettes. Smoke ‘em up real good.
- Take photos of exotic fauna and ambivalent NPCs.
- Dedicated fart button.
- A huge baby, community basketball court, and a cat with two buttholes. [no extra charge]
- Three distinct endings and pretty robust credits.
As far as we can tell, it looks like this is going to be a weird open-world game where you can cause all kinds of mayhem for fun. (It also looks like it'll be jam-packed with crude humor.)
In any case, you can expect to see SLUDGE LIFE launching on PC and Nintendo Switch sometime later in the Spring. For now, you can check out shopsludgelife.com and pick up some truly strange merchandise.
What do you think of SLUDGE LIFE? Does it seem like the kind of game you'd like to play? Let us know in the comments below!