Pokémon Masters Sees Over $26 Million in Week One Revenue

pokemon masters

Latest News

Pokémon Masters Sees Over $26 Million in Week One Revenue

September 9, 2019

By: Robert Grosso

More Info About This Game
Developer
DeNA
Platforms
Android, IOS
Release Date
August 28, 2019 (Calendar)
Genre
Strategy
Purchase (Some links may be affiliated)
 
 

DeNA Co. latest mobile collaboration with Nintendo, Pokémon Masters, has been a great success after one week.

While not the massive numbers that follow Niantic's Pokémon GO, which saw around $56 million in revenue in its week one launch, Pokémon Masters has still been impressive in its own right. According to website Sensortower, Pokémon Masters would see over $26 million in revenue after seven days, making it the 2nd most downloaded and played mobile Pokémon game in the franchise, after Pokémon Quest, Magikarp Jump, and Rumble Rush, respectively.

Breaking down the numbers, Sensortower noted that about 62%, approximately $16 million of the games spending, was coming from Japan, with about $4.5 million, or 17% of all spending, coming from the United States. Other large markets included Hong Kong, Taiwan, and France, which rounded out the top five markets for the game. 72% of spending has also been from iOS devices, while the remaining 28% came from Google Play.

Pokémon Masters was developed and published by DeNA Co. in collaboration with Nintendo and The Pokémon Company. Based on a concept from famed Game Freak artist Ken Sugimori, Pokémon Masters allows players to battle various Pokémon trainers from the core game series,  including gym leaders, playable protagonists, rivals and elite four members. The game is a 3-on-3 battle format, which features sync pairs - a human trainer and a signature Pokémon - who can be recruited into the players stable to form a trio of master trainers. Each sync pair specializes in a specific tactic, from defensive healing to using status ailments against foes, so players are encouraged to mix and match the different sync pairs to formulate a winning combination of trainers and Pokémon for the games storyline and online battles.

 
 

This is the fifth game released by DeNA Co. to feature a Nintendo property, and their first self-developed and published title. Previous games were in collaboration with various Nintendo studios, such as Intelligent Systems for Fire Emblem Heroes or Nintendo EPD with Super Mario Run. 

Pokémon Masters is available now for iOS and Android devices.

What are your thoughts on the success of Pokémon Masters? Leave your comments below. 

Self Photo Holding Beer
Staff Writer

A game playing, college teaching scholar who happens to write some articles every so often. Enjoys penning long-form articles that few probably read. Love the art of gaming, preservation, collecting and RPGs. Have worked as a journalist, critic, educator and blogger for over ten years now, with articles published (as user editorials) on Game Revolution and Giant Bomb as well as a contributor for the websites Angry Bananas and Blistered Thumbs. Now making TechRaptor my home.

Comments