Rocket League's success is indisputable. Since its release in 2015, the action-sport mashup title created quite the sensation. Part of its success comes from the stream of content updates Psyonix periodically releases, including new modes. One of such content updates will hit the game pretty soon and it will include a new game mode called Rocket League Rumble.
The Rumble mode will bring some Mario Kart-esque flavor to Rocket League, adding to the game 11 power ups that go from a spring-actioned box glove to a harpoon that players can use to catch the ball and drag it around. This is an addition to the classic game mode that is bound to create some hilarious moments.
Let's give a look to the complete list of available powerups:
- The Boot (Kick's an opponent's car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball inplace)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
The Rocket League Rumble game mode will hit the servers in September on all the supported platforms and will be available in both Private and Exhibition matches. Psyonix also claims that the Rumble mode is just one of the elements that will be included in the much bigger update that will be released next month.
We can only wait to see what else the developers have in mind for Rocket League. Whatever it is, it will be hard to top the ability to kick another car in the exhaust pipe in the middle of a match.
What would you like to see added to Rocket League? Are you going to play Rocket League Rumble? Share your thoughts in the comments below!