Today third-party developers shared new assets about an upcoming aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator and released two new airports.
We start with new screenshots of the upcoming "Short Regionals" package by Blackbox Simulation, which will include the Short 330 and Short 360. The screenshots show both aircraft (the Short 330 prototype and a Short 360 in Manx Airlines livery), but we don't yet know when the add-on will release.
Moving on to releases, Spinoza launched Schwarze Heide Airport (EDLD), a relatively small general aviation airfield in n North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
It's currently available on Simmarket for $21.97.
We also get the release of Nan Nakhon Airport (VTCN), serving the Nan Province in Thailand with scheduled flights to Bangkok. It's available on Simmarket for $13.31 offering the following features:
- Terminal building photorealistic doors, custom seatings, and lighting (no indoor/interior)
- Taxiways Ground service approved taxiways names, custom-made textures and hand-placed lights and centerlines
- Airport services Pushback, Baggage cart, Catering service, Power supply, Jetways connection, Boarding stairs, and Marshaller
- GSX Support Including Compatible GSX Profile to match the airport stands, services, and staff
- Custom Objects Boarding stairs, Baggage carts, Custom Cars, Custom people, Entrances, Security and Lighting, Busstop, seatings, etc.
- Realism Full Day/Night lighting, Hand-crafted ground markings, and textures matching the real airport. Taxiways, aprons, and runways match the real airport.
- FPS Friendly Tested using Nvidia 970 and 1060 with no drop of frames compared to default airport due to using a good balance of low poly and graphical details
- Space Friendly Only 365 MB of space required (packed only 70 MB)
- Removed 205 high-rise buildings that Flight Simulator added automatically as there are no high-rise buildings in Nan city
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and iniBuilds' CEO Ubaid Mussa on the work of the popular third-party developer. If you're interested in reviews, you can check out iniBuilds' New York-JFK Airport, Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport, and RHDSimulations' Boeing 767-300ER.