Today third-party developers shared news about a relevant aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator and released a new airport.
We start with IndiaFoxtEcho and Heatblur, which are jointly working on a rather awesome F-14 Tomcat. The aircraft will enter its third beta phase this week and it's "already at a decent quality level for a commercial release."
All the systems planned for the initial release are in place and most of the bugs have been fixed.
That being said, the developers are still squeezing in a couple of additional features and some "fun Easter eggs," on top of remastering all the textures to optimize them for Microsoft Flight Simulator's engine
A release date has not been announced just yet, but today we get the confirmation that the F-14 will also launch on Xbox, albeit it won't have the custom radar module.
You can enjoy the new images below.
Moving on to the release, Flight Sim Development Group launched its Sylt Airport (EDXW) in the Nordfriesland district, Germany.
It's available on the developer's own store for €15,99
Here's what you can expect and some images.
- Very accurate and detailed rendition of Sylt Airport, Westerland, Germany (EDXW)
- Authentic light environment and seasonal effects
- MSFS technologies (dynamic lighting, reflective textures,...)
- Additional landmarks in the area
- Includes detailed hotels and objects around the Westerland promenade
- Animated trains crossing the Hindenburgdamm
- Optimized for great performance and visual results
- Compatible with all known add-ons including GSX and our Landmarks of Germany series
- Manual included
Don't forget that, if you want to keep track of all the add-ons revealed and releasing for Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can count on our dedicated daily news.