Third-party developers shared new reveals about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, alongside two relevant releases.
We start with an interesting announcement from Orbx, PNG Highland Bush Strips Pack 1. It's a package of three super-challenging bush airstrips in Papua New Guinea.
Specifically, it includes Yalumet Airport (AYYE), Yawan Airstrip (AYYW), and Dinangat Airport (AYDN). If you want to recreate the adventurous flying seen in YouTube channels like Missionary Bush Pilot, this will certainly help by providing more detailed airstrips in the region.
Apparently, this is the first add-on of a series of several.
Here's what the package promises.
- 3 airstrips included (AYYE, AYYW, AYDN)
- Custom Effects
- PBR textures
- Custom 3D vegetation with modeled Bananas!
- 100 custom-built and hand-placed models
- Handcrafted mesh for each airstrip
- Custom hand-placed objects and people
- Tropical and guaranteed to be challenging
- Perfect for all bush flyers!
We then move on to releases, and the first is a big one from France VFR. France South-East-Riviera, including over 30 airports in the region on top of several scenery improvements.
It can be purchased on Orbx Direct for $35.09 including the following airports and airfields.
- LFHH : Vienne Reventin
- LFHN : Bellegarde Vouvray
- LFHS : Bourg-en-Bresse Ceyzériat
- LFHV : Villefranche Tarare
- LFKA : Albertville
- LFKO : Propriano Tavaria
- LFKS : BA Solenzara
- LFKT : Corte
- LFLG : Grenoble Le Versoud
- LFLI : Annemasse
- LFLP : Annecy Meythet
- LFLQ : Montélimar Ancône
- LFLU : Valence Chabeuil
- LFLY : Lyon Bron
- LFMA : Aix Les Milles
- LFMC : Le Luc Le Cannet
- LFMD : Cannes Mandelieu
- LFME : Nîmes Courbessac
- LFMH : Saint-Etienne Loire
- LFMI : BA Istres Le Tube
- LFMO : BA Orange Caritat
- LFMQ : Le Castellet
- LFMR : Barcelonnettes Saint-Pons
- LFMV : Avignon Caumont
- LFMY : BA Salon de Provence
- LFMZ : Lézignan Corbières
- LFNB : Mende Brénoux
- LFNF : Vinon sur Verdon
- LFNR : Berre-La-Fare
- LFNT : Avignon Pujaut
- LFTH : Toulon Hyères
- LFTZ : La Môle
- LFYS : Sainte-Léocardie
Here's a list of features.
- 29 enhanced airports and airfields with photo-realistic 3D modeling for some of them.
- 4 large military airports were added with photo-realistic ground texture.
- Detailed ground textures and markings.
- Realistic static flying club and/or military airplanes on all platforms.
- Reworked vegetation, numerous animated characters, and accurate details on all platforms.
- Realistic night lighting.
- Photo-realistic areas were reworked for 9 platforms including military surrounding areas (Hyeres, Istres, Albertville, Cannes, Castellet, Le Luc, Orange, Salon de Provence, and Solenzara).
- Many photo-realistic areas were added and perfectly integrated to replace masked areas including missing vegetation (Lerins, Porquerolles, Port-Cros and Levant islands, from Hyeres to Giens peninsula, Istres, the area near Perpignan, the area near Port-Grimaud, Toulon area, and harbor).
- Main obstacles and VFR landmarks referenced by SIA (Aeronautical Information Service) (about 400 obstacles and VFR landmarks).
- - Marinas and moorings with pleasure boats (about 150 sites) on the entire scenery.
- Numerous remarkable objects (antennas, castles, water towers, churches, wind turbines, industrial tanks, greenhouses, high voltage transformers, silos, and agricultural tanks...).
- Numerous vehicle animations (TGV trains, gliders, parachutists, helicopters, bird flights...).
- Electrical pylons network (63kV to 400kV) including security altitude day/night markings.
- Roads and highways signs (about 15000 signs) on the main road network.
- Railroad pylons on the entire scenery.
- The entire coastline was cleaned of excess vegetation.
- Railroad and electrical networks were cleaned of excess vegetation.
- Compatible with all of our other product ranges.
- SIA – VAC – IAC – APT – ARRDEP charts provided.
Lastly, a gallery of screenshots.
Last, Taimodels released Cairns Airport (YBCS) in Australia. You can grab it on Simmarket for $23.19.
It includes the following.
- Hand made and detailed PBR ground markings and textures according to the most recent airport situation.
- Hand made, Realistic terminals, cargo buildings airport buildings using MSFS PBR materials.
- Realistic airport lighting.
- Taxiways, aprons.
- Optimized for performance to be used on most types of systems.
- Custom jetways
As usual, you can stay up-to-date on progress made on many Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons on top of releases with our daily dedicated news.