Third-party developers had some interesting news to share about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including both aircraft and scenery.
We start with LatinVFR, which is continuing its series of Airbus aircraft with an Airbus A330neo coming this week and an Airbus A340-300 "in the coming weeks." Eventually, they also plan to release an Airbus A330-200 and an Airbus A340-600 next year.
According to the developer, they're meant to be "middle-ground" in terms of simulation, neither "study-level" nor default, but somewhere in-between with custom systems and avionics.
Below you can take a look at a trailer and screenshots, alongside a list of features for the A330neo.
- customized systems of the Airbus A330neo, simulating its basic cockpit functionalities.
- Highly detailed external and interior model with high definition textures.
- Realistic A330 cockpit with functionality in most of the basic systems.
- Simulation of the auto transfer of the Trim tank, based on Aircraft’s CG and auto logic.
- Fuel dumping capabilities.
- Cabin model with Business class, premium economy, economy seats and galleys.
- 42 custom liveries from real world airlines.
- Excellent flight dynamics that resemble the Airbus A330-900, characteristics, power management, fuel systems etc.
- VNAV implementation.
- EFB (electronic flight bag) with weather, aircraft loading, simbrief, navigraph charts, GSE options.
- Navigraph charts implementation on EFB. Subscription required.
- Navigraph OANS (on-board airport navigation system) implemented on the Navigation display. Subscription required.
- Simbrief flight plan injection to CDU. Beta implementation.
- Ground service equipment on demand via the EFB.
- Cabin interior, depicting the selected airline.
- Realistic sounds
- Future free updates enhancing this addon further in the coming months
Flight Sim Development Group has announced a new airport in Germany with a single screenshot that to be fair doesn't show much, it's Sylt Airport (EDXW) in the Nordfriesland district.
While it's not a bit airport, it's definitely great for seasonal holiday traffic, with airlines from all over Germany crowding its aprons in the summer. The picture below portrays a local beach, by the way.
last, but not least, XWind Studios and iniBuilds announced Palmerston North Airport (NZPM) in New Zealand, coming in the "near future." It's another relatively small airport in the Manawatū-Whanganui region of the country.
Here's what it promises.
- Detailed and accurate to life terminal interior.
- 4K, PBR textures.
- Custom vehicles and objects.
- High quality 2023 based ground poly.
Don't forget that if you want to keep up to date with announcements and releases of add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can count on our dedicated daily news.