Third-party developers have showcased new assets about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, while another airport has been released.
While we're going to get smaller updates over the next few months, a big video focusing on the systems should come later this year or in early 2024.
We also get to see new work-in-progress screenshots of the terminal of Miyako Airport (ROMY), which serves one of the southern islands of Okinawa prefecture in Japan. At the moment, the developer is working on the model of the complex roof.
Last, but not least, we get the release of Kajaani Airport (EFKI) in Finland by Attben. It's available on Simmarket for $11.72, offering the following features:
- High fidelity recreation of Kajaani airport using true PBR materials and high polygon meshes. Every aspect of the terminal and the adjacent buildings and objects has been faithfully recreated with love, from countless visits to the real airport as well as over 1000 location photographs.
- A detailed interior environment.
- All custom everything: baggage carts, interior props, ramp utilities, approach lights as well as static ATR-72 aircraft were custom made for this scenery.
- True-to-life runway profile and elevation.
- Custom CGL from high resolution aerial imagery for the airport area.
- Night lighting, complete with emissive materials on lamps and signage.
- Optimised for performance using LOD and adequate texture sizing.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently out on PC (through Steam and Windows Store), Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming. It's also accessible via Game Pass. If you're interested in staying updated on upcoming add-ons, be sure to visit TechRaptor frequently, as we provide daily news coverage related to the sim.