Third-party developers had relevant news to share today about their add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including a relevant update and a release.
The first piece of news has been one many have awaited for over a year, since PMDG released the excellent Boeing 737 line. The Universal Flight Tablet, which is pretty much an essential aid in modern flight simulation, has been added with a free update.
It includes critical operational aids and performance calculators the absence of which felt the beloved aircraft feel a but incomplete before.
In an official forum post, PMDG CEO Robert Randazzo lists the features currently available.
Flight Plans/SimBrief Integration
- Importing flight plans from SimBrief.
- Download weather for the flight plan route.
- Flight plan/weather sharing between tablet/aircraft.
- Display of Operational Flight Plan.
- Display of real time METAR information (native or simplified format)
- Navigraph Charts (Requires Navigraph Subscription)
- Georeferenced aircraft on displayed charts where appropriate.
- Flight centric chart selection/pinning of desired charts.
- T/O, Diversion, Landing computations.
- Data Import from flight plans or from the aircraft itself.
- Reduced runway length computations.
- Graphic display of displaced threshold data.
Additionall features coming down the line include the following:
- Managing all of the PMDG Options from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
- Managing PMDG Functions from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
- Manage PMDG Failures from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
It's worth mentioning that the tablet is called "universal" because it'll be fitted into all of PMDG's upcoming airliners. This means that we won't have to wait over a year to get one in the Boeing 777.
A payware release came from Fly2High, which launched McAllen Miller International Airport (KMFE) serving Hidalgo County in Texas, United States.
It's currently available on flightsim.to for €8.37. Below you can take a look at a trailer showing off the airport in details.
As usual, please don't forget that here on TechRaptor we host daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news intended to keep you posted on all the add-ons that get announced, showcased, and released for the simulator.