Dataminers have revealed new information about the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 DLC and expansions. The information includes details about new free quests for the game, as well as a potential setup for the first major paid Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.
What do we know about Cyberpunk 2077 DLC from this datamine?
The datamine comes courtesy of Reddit user Saint-Pirate. In their post, the user details a method by which interested parties can check out this info for themselves. TechRaptor has delved into some of the code for Cyberpunk 2077 and verified the information provided in the post. According to the datamine, the free Cyberpunk 2077 DLC will include four new quests, taking place across three of Cyberpunk 2077's zones. There are also several other free DLC packs with intriguing codenames like "monster", "mirror", and "mfinish", as well as more obvious ones like "ngplus" and "jackets".
The datamined Cyberpunk 2077 DLC quests currently have the codenames "kab01", "arr06", "arr12", and "jpn09", so you'll be able to take on new quests in Kabuki, Arroyo, and Japantown. They'll all be given to you by each area's Fixer: Regina Jones, Muamar Reyes, and Wakako Okada. We don't have too much info about these quests yet - just a small snippet of text that says the quests should "include street name and some other details that may channel players' focus on this content". It is likely that the free DLC packs were originally intended for early 2021, but the CD Projekt Red data breach and the restoration of Cyberpunk 2077 to the PlayStation Store caused a delay.
What will each of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 DLC packs offer?
By looking at the names for some of the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC packs, we can pretty accurately determine what they're likely to offer. Some of them are a bit more mystifying, but some are clear-cut. Here are all of the major DLC packs contained within the datamine and what we think they're likely to contain.
- dlc1_swp: "WP" means "weapon pack", and there's one for each type of weapon. In this case, "Smart Weapon Pack"
- dlc2_jposes: we're not sure about this one
- dlc3_kab01: this one will be a quest set in the Kabuki area
- dlc4_quartz: this one is anyone's guess
- dlc5_jackets: this will almost certainly be new jackets for V - they could be aesthetic items or actual gear
- dlc6_apart: either a new apartment for V or customization options for the existing apartment
- dlc7_pwp: Power Weapon Pack
- dlc8_mirror: this could be the ability to completely overhaul V's in-game appearance
- dlc9_arr06: a quest set in the Arroyo area
- dlc10_monster: perhaps a new enemy type? Cyberpunk 2077 is fairly low on non-human or robot enemies, so this could be a new organic enemy
- dlc11_jlook: we're not sure about this one
- dlc12_mfinish: again, this one's a little up in the air, but a possibility could be finisher animation or moves
- dlc13_twp: Thermal Weapon Pack
- dlc14_arr12: the second of two Arroyo-based quests
- dlc15_ngplus: looks like that Cyberpunk 2077 New Game Plus mode is finally on its way
- dlc16_jpn06: a quest set in the Japantown area
- dlc17_bwp: Blunt Weapon Pack
What information is in the datamine about upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansions?
In addition to info about upcoming free quests, Saint-Pirate also discovered information about the first of two major planned Cyberpunk 2077 expansions. Unlike the aforementioned quests, these won't be free; they'll be paid content and they will be significantly longer than the free offerings. The dataminer says the first expansion will expand the Pacifica area and add a brand new combat zone for players to navigate, as well as bringing in new quests to complete and locations to explore. According to the datamine, work on the first expansion is underway, and players will be able to get their hands on it in early 2022.
One particular quest the datamine points to - and a quest TechRaptor was able to verify - is a Street Story revolving around Anthony Anderson, a "recidivist and doctor" located within the new Combat Zone. Anderson is the keeper of Newcomers' Haven, a refuge for new arrivals in the game's new Combat Zone. In the Street Story, Anderson is taken hostage by Scavs, and it's up to V to rescue him. The quest will take V to a warehouse complex, task players with mowing down Scavs, and bring V face-to-face with a mysterious figure called "Wagner". It looks like you'll be able to defuse a bomb, too, perhaps one that's intended to wipe out the Combat Zone. We'll have to wait for more official info on this.
You can check out all the info in the datamine yourself if you'd like; all you need to do is download a mod for Cyberpunk 2077 called CP77 Tools, then follow Saint-Pirate's instructions in the original Reddit post. Much of the information is presented in a fairly garbled fashion, mostly because it wasn't intended for players to see, but it's fairly easy to decode if you know where to look. We'll have to wait for more info about upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 DLC and expansions, but until then, you can grab the game on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. It's also playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S through backwards compatibility.
What would you like to see in the first major Cyberpunk 2077 expansion? Let us know in the comments below!