The Anthem Cataclysm Update has arrived with little fanfare, deploying on PC and consoles and bringing with it a number of interesting changes to the game. The Anthem 1.30 update introduces new story missions, a new game mode, and several other fixes and updates.
Anthem has been largely flying under the radar, but that doesn't mean that the developers haven't been hard at work. The fruits of their labor were finally revealed today with the launch of the Anthem 1.30 Patch Notes which introduce a bunch of new features that should breathe some new life into the game.
Anthem Cataclysm Update - Anthem 1.30 Update
The big ticket item of the Anthem 1.30 Update has got to be Cataclysm, a brand-new gameplay mode where you face off against Vara Brom and her allies. This new game mode is available to anyone who has completed the "Incursion" mission on the Start of Expedition screen. Several other story missions are also available to players who have completed this mission.
The introduction of Inversions should bring an intriguing new dynamic to the game. Essentially, two of these Inversions will be active each week for the duration of the Cataclysm event, some of which are helpful and some of which are harmful. Here is the list of Inversions players can expect to deal with:
- Ultimate Boost
- Ultimate meter from kills is increased.
- Turbo Gear
- Gear recharge rate is increased.
- Lightning Rod
- Close-range kills chain lightning to nearby enemies.
- Close Encounters
- Shotguns and Machine Pistols deal increased damage.
- Precision Operator
- Snipers and Marksman Rifles deal increased damage.
- Immunity Pack
- Ammo pickups grant brief immunity to damage.
- On the Edge
- At low armor, damage dealt increases.
- Soldier's Reward
- Killing an enemy restores a small amount of shields.
- From the Skies
- Heat build-up while hovering is decreased.
- Air Support
- Defeating an enemy while hovering grants increased damage while on the ground for a short time; stacks up to 5 times.
- Broken Magazine
- Weapons have no spare ammo, but enemies drop ammo more often.
- Running on Empty
- Firing the last shot in a weapon's clip increases all damage for a short time.
These are just some of the highlights; there are a bunch of other interesting changes that are deploying with Anthem 1.30. You can learn more about this update by reading the full patch notes for the Anthem Cataclysm Update on the game's official website.
What do you think of the changes put forth in the Anthem Cataclysm Update? Is the Anthem 1.30 Update enough to redeem the game in your eyes or are there too many fundamental problems for you to want to keep playing? Let us know in the comments below!