Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has you facing off against deadly opponents, one of whom happens to be Zhang Bao. A couple of companions will be able to aid you, though you still need to watch out for fire spells. Here's our guide to help you beat Zhang Bao in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
How to beat Zhang Bao in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Zhang Bao is the boss you'll fight in Valley of the Crying Wraiths, the third main mission/battlefield in the campaign. To defeat Zhang Bao in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, you must beware of various fire and chaos spells that he uses. These include the following:
- Cascading Flames - At the start, he'll usually do three flaming circles that radiate outward. Then, periodically throughout the fight, he'll do one flaming circle. You'll have to jump over these.
- Firing Line - Casts flames in a straight line.
- Chaos Field - Creates a patch of spikes on the ground around him.
- Chaos Bolt - Tosses a spinning projectile that you can throw back at him to deplete his spirit.
- Whirling Bolts - These are smaller projectiles that spin around him. After a short while, he'll fling them toward your location.
- Torching Touch - Rushes up to your character and burns their entire body, which will also cause a stun animation that lasts for a few seconds. Make sure you deflect or avoid this, since this can be quite a hassle.
Thankfully, beating Zhang Bao in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty won't be a solo affair. That's because you can call on companions (the two you'll have by default during this level are Guan Yu and Zhang Fei). They can provide some extra DPS, and worthwhile distractions, to help whittle down Zhang Bao's health. Once you've beaten him, you'll complete the level and acquire the Qinglong Divine Beast.