This week on the TechRaptor Podcast the big topic of discussion is the contention (Console Wars are back??) between Sony and Microsoft over the purchase of Activision. Microsoft also uses its platform to discuss the topic of Sony spending money to block certain games from being added to Game Pass. Taking a more lighthearted turn, Arc System Works newfound passion for IP collaboration has us dreaming up some future games.
In the games department this week, Rut talks about his newfound passion as a cult leader sweeping up turds, Stretch discusses some of the shortcomings with Tower of Fantasy’s staying power, and Scrappy just can’t make up his mind about Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:22 – Sony claims Call of Duty is a genre of its own
- 00:22:10 – Microsoft claims Sony pays for “blocking rights”
- 00:29:00 – Arc System Works wants to do more collaborations
- 00:36:50 – Cult of the Lamb
- 00:45:13 – Tower of Fantasy
- 00:53:10 – Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Microsoft Disputes Sony's Concerns About Call Of Duty Ownership
- Microsoft claims Sony pays for ‘blocking rights’ to keep games off Xbox Game Pass
- Arc System Works Collaboration Projects Will Continue In The Future
- Cult of the Lamb
- Tower of Fantasy
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
That's it for this week's show!