It has been teased and rumored pretty much since the release of Total War: Warhammer III, but now it's official, the Chaos Dwarfs are coming to the game.
Following the tease from a few weeks ago, Creative Assembly and Sega announced that the first paid DLC for Total War: Warhammer III will release on April 13, with pre-orders already open for $22.49 (this is an early bird discount and on April, 20, the price will go back up to $24.99).
It's worth mentioning that this is actually a rather steep price hike from the most pricey DLCs fvor Total War: Warhammer II.
The package will include the Chaos Dwarfs race with brand new campaign mechanics and three legendary lords, Astragoth Ironhand, Drazhoath the Ashen, and Zhatan the Black, on top of Gorduz Backstabber as a legendary hero.
Of course, the DLC's release will match the launch of a likely extensive free update for everyone owning the game, and the "FreeLC" tradition is also continuing, with the legendary hero Uirika Magdova Straghov available for both the Empire and Kislev. She's actually a vampire who is likely very familiar to fans of the IP, as she is a relevant character in the popular Gotrek & Felix novels.
Below you can watch a trailer and read a series of official features.
• Burn it all down as 3 new Legendary Lords: Astragoth Ironhand, Drazhoath the Ashen, and Zhatan the Black.
• Recruit Gorduz Backstabber to sneak behind your foes as the newest Legendary Hero.
• Master chaotic magic with the all-new Lore of Hashut. Strike foes down with Hell Hammer or set them ablaze with Burning Wrath.
• Construct the Great Drill of Hashut to break open Hashut’s domain and siphon his blood for cataclysmic powers.
• Co-operate with your fellow Chaos Dwarfs to obtain District rewards in the Tower of Zharr or usurp others for their Seats in your quest for supremacy.
• Command a comprehensive army roster of over 26 new units, featuring the baleful Chaos Dwarf war machine trains and the new K’daai Destroyers, alongside some of the Old World’s cruellest infernal warriors.