A couple of months now since the release of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, and it seems that it's getting its first major update. Announced back at E3 at launch Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 was clearly not ready. With plenty of physics glitches and plenty of fun YouTube videos of characters flying away or glitching through half pipes people were wanting more.
The latest update has been reported to have been a massive 7.8GB for the PlayStation 4. This update brings new levels and character campaigns and a couple of other features. The full patch list has been added in below but it will be a while before it is determined if Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 has truly been fixed.
- Additional levels have been added (Underground, Wild West)
- Additional character campaigns have been added (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tyler the Creator)
- Lighting and visuals have been improved for several levels
- Ability to regain Special Meter during a single combo has been added
- Per-Mission Leaderboards have been added
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while in a Mission or Mode
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while search for the other player for Co-op Missions or Modes
- Tutorial has been updated
- Many Pro Skaters' Textures have been updated
- Several Pro Skaters have recived Sponsor update
- Create-a-Park Levels have been updated
- Increased the total number of Stat points a Campaign can earn from 128 to 150
- Several gameplay mechanics within the levels have been updated
- Grinds were updated in several of the levels
- The User Generated Content Rating System has been updated
- Added Likes/Dislikes to the User Generated Levels
- New Challenge UI Flow for matching during FreeSkate has been added
- Leaderboard functionality was updated
- Several multiplayer modes have been added and updated
- Modes added include "Daily Grind," "Skate Hoarding" and "Manual Mayhem"
- More options for user preference have been added including:
- Double tapping grind button to activate slam
- Opt in/out of Global Voice Chat
- Several UI audio effects have been added
- Misc - minor UI fixes and improvements have been made
What do you think of the amount of changes being made to the game? Are you thinking of picking THPS5 up now? Do you already own it and are excited for this update? Do you think this will rescue this game or is it not salvageable?