The Spiritfarer Beverly update has arrived, adding an adorable tiny owl to the game as a new spirit along with several quality of life improvements and a bit of new content on PC and consoles.
Spiritfarer is a cutesy management game where you play the ferrymaster for the dead. You'll have to build a boat to explore the world and take spirits across the waters to the afterlife. This charming game has a fair amount of content planned for the year and a new update has just arrived to provide players with more things to do.
What's New in the Spiritfarer Beverly Update?
As the name implies, the first major addition in the Spiritfarer Beverly Update is the addition of a new spirit named Beverly. Beverly is Stella's old neighbor who takes the form of a tiny owl and she's been feeling rather lonely lately; you can recruit her in Oxbury.
Another new addition to the game is Buck's Looter's Literary reviews. These are special magazines that will give you access to a series of quests involving treasure maps, giving you a few more things to discover in the whimsical world of Spiritfarer.
Also arriving today is a number of new quality of life improvements, the first of which is a new save system that allows you to have three separate save files. Traveling is getting improvements, too; players can now select up to three points to explore in a single travel run and you can use the new "Safe Travel" mode to automatically skip events during your next travel.
The Spiritfarer Beverly Update is also adding a bit of fluff to the game, too — you can now hang out by the radio in the lounge and listen to any song you've already heard from the game's soundtrack. Sitting in a chair at night will now enable a "Stargazing" mode which hides the buildings and lets you enjoy the night sky.
These are just some of the changes coming to the game; you can read the full Spiritfarer Beverly Update patch notes for all the fine details. There's just one more addition I'd like to highlight: a whole bunch of new Spicy Food recipes have been added to the game.
Spiritfarer Beverly Update New Spicy Food Recipes
- Lakaa: A delicious spicy noodle soup that will cure any cold.
- Milquetoast: It's just wet bread.
- Flamin' Firebirdz: After a bag of these bad boys, you won't even feel your face.
- Aloo Gobi: A vegetable delight with flavour to boot.
- Chai Latte: A spicy drink for cold or hot days.
- Chilaquiles: A breakfast classic for people in the know.
- Dakgangjeong: Sweet, crispy and spicy. Three delicious words!
Also Arriving: Spiritfarer Collector's Edition and Spiritfarer Vinyl Soundtrack
Aside from the Spiritfarer Beverly Update, the developers also have some new physical goodies up for pre-order: the Spiritfarer Collector's Edition and the Spiritfarer Vinyl Soundtrack.
The Spiritfarer Collector's Edition
The Spiritfarer Collector's Edition has a whole bunch of physical goodies for gamers who are looking to add a little something special to their collector's shelves. Here's what you get with this edition of the game:
- Fully functional Everlight Replica
- Innovative and premium Constellation Lantern Display Box (creates a lovely [ambiance] when paired with the Everlight)
- Collectible Postcard and Stamp set, highlighting exotic locations from the game + a personal side quest that only you can do!
- Digital Download Card for the Spiritfarer soundtrack by composer Max LL
- Digital Download Card for 96-page Spiritfarer art book
- Physical edition of Spiritfarer featuring exclusive, reversible cover art by acclaimed illustrator Aidan Yetman-Michaelson
- All digital content updates for the game (details here)
This cool batch of collectibles will start shipping in Q1 2022. You can pre-order the Spiritfarer Collector's Edition for PS4 or Nintendo Switch right now over at iam8bit for $199.99 or your regional equivalent.
The Spiritfarer Vinyl Soundtrack
If you're more about the music, you might want to pick up the Spiritfarer Vinyl Soundtrack instead. This collection features 2 LPs on Star Hat Green Vinyl featuring album art from Erin Vest and music by Max LL (mastered for vinyl by Townsend Mastering). Naturally, a digital download of the songs is also included.
The Spiritfarer Vinyl Soundtrack will be shipping in Q2 2022; you can pre-order the soundtrack from iam8bit for $39.99 or your regional equivalent.
Today's been a pretty big day for Spiritfarer! You can enjoy the Spiritfarer Beverly Update today by buying the game via its official website and there's never been a better time to do it — it's currently on sale for 50% on multiple platforms for the next week or so.
What do you think of the new content added in the Spiritfarer Beverly Update? Who is your favorite Spirit in the game? Let us know in the comments below!