Gamer energy drink company G FUEL is at it again. First they went and created a DOOM Eternal-themed energy drink, and now they've gone into even stranger territory with a Sonic the Hedgehog energy drink.
The reveal of this new product raises several burning questions. The first one that came to mind is how and why they decided on the flavor. Somehow, someone at G FUEL decided that "Peach Rings" was what best fit Sonic. No, not peaches — peach rings, a candy that is already an artificial imitation of a fruit. That means that they've made an artificial flavor of an artificial flavor of a real thing, and now I wonder if they're drinking more than energy drinks at the G FUEL offices.
There's another question the baffles me: why now? The Sonic the Hedgehog movie came out four months ago. There are no new Sonic games slated for release anytime soon. As far as I can tell, this just up and came out of nowhere.
The only sensible reason that comes to mind is the upcoming 30th anniversary of the franchise. 2021 might be bringing some kind of cool new stuff for the franchise, so I suppose a Sonic the Hedgehog energy drink isn't the worst move.
Where Can You Buy the Sonic the Hedgehog Energy Drink?
Levity aside, G FUEL probably knows what they're doing here; if they made bad energy drinks, they would have gone out of business a long time ago. You'll be able to pick up this new energy drink (and some collectible stuff, too) if you'd like to give it a try.
Here's what you'll be able to buy starting on August 12, 2020:
- Sonic's Peach Rings Collector's Box
- G FUEL has thrown all decorum out the window and made yet another collector's edition for an energy drink. You'll get a Sonic's Peach Rings G FUEL tub, a Sonic's Peach Rings Shaker cup, and a Special Edition #GFUEL2GO Scooper.
- Sonic's Peach Rings G FUEL Shaker Cup
- If you just want the cup, you can get this dishwasher-safe, BPA-free collectible without any energy drinks whatsoever.
- Sonic's Peach Rings G FUEL Tub
- If you're gonna buy something, you may as well buy it in bulk.This massive tub contains enough powder to make 40 servings of the Sonic the Hedgehog energy drink.
- Sonic's Peach Rings G FUEL 12-pack
- Those of you too lazy to stir a spoon can buy a 12-pack of this stuff, ready to go right out of the box.
- Sonic's Peach Rings G FUEL 4-pack
- If you haven't entirely lost your mind and just want to try this drink out, you can pick up a 4-pack and not break your mailman's back.
As always, bear in mind that energy drinks should be consumed in moderation. Drink too much of this stuff and the only thing going fast will be your heart rate.
You can learn more about the Sonic the Hedgehog energy drink at gfuel.com. And if you happen to be craving some peach rings — who could blame you? — then I would heartily recommend Haribo Peaches. They might not actually be rings, but they also don't taste like peach-flavored chalk.
Disclosure: Amazon works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from some links in this article.
Do you think this new G FUEL energy drink would taste good? What's your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog merch? Let us know in the comments below!