Today Bohemia Interactive released the early access version of Silica, an interesting hybrid between a real-time strategy game and a first-person shooter.
The release is currently available on Steam priced at $19.99, allowing the community to take an early look at the game.
To celebrate the release, a trailer has been launched, and you can watch it below, showing an overview of gameplay including both the human and alien factions.
If you're unfamiliar with Silica, the project began several years ago as a solo project until it was recently taken under the wing of Bohemia Interactive's Incubator project, with the popular developer of the Arma series providing support.
You can check out another video showing the strategy mode from the point of view of the human faction, one focusing on the alien faction, and a third showcasing the arena mode.
Here's how the developer officially describes the game's features.
- First/third-person shooter - control any character, creature, or vehicle. You can leave the commanding to the AI.
- Choose from 6 unique locations to play on.
- Immerse yourself in 3 engaging game modes.
- Singleplayer and multiplayer options - play alone or with up to 12 people in Strategy mode and 32 in Arena mode.
- As a human, produce and select from 5 infantry classes and 11 distinct vehicles.
- As an alien, spawn and shift between 8 different creatures.