Third-party developers released quite a few airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator, while PMDG finally announced the release date of its Universal Flight Tablet for its Boeing 737 line.
The tablet is basically a handy point-and-click way to handle critical aspects of flying an airliner like performance calculation, chart display, and more.
It has taken a long time since the first 737 was released in May 2022, but the tablet will finally be added via a free update on October 30, 2023. It'll also be installed in all future airliners by PMDG like the upcoming 777.
Here are the features you can expect at release.
Flight Plans/SimBrief Integration
- Importing flight plans from SimBrief.
- Download weather for the flight plan route.
- Flight plan/weather sharing between tablet/aircraft.
- Display of Operational Flight Plan.
- Display of real time METAR information (native or simplified format)
- Navigraph Charts (Requires Navigraph Subscription)
- Georeferenced aircraft on displayed charts where appropriate.
- Flight centric chart selection/pinning of desired charts.
- T/O, Diversion, Landing computations.
- Data Import from flight plans or from the aircraft itself.
- Reduced runway length computations.
- Graphic display of displaced threshold data.
In future updates we'll also get the following.
- Manage all of the PMDG Options from the tablet. There *or* FMS menu.
- Managing PMDG Functions from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
- Manage PMDG Failures from the tablet *or* the FMS menu.
- A high-quality model of EPWR Wroclaw Airport, featuring the up-to-date version with extensive details throughout the whole airport
- FPS-friendly design, with epic night textures, dynamic lighting and PBR materials, high-definition mesh
- Custom-animated people and vehicles
- Performance-friendly interior modeling at the terminal building and control tower, high-quality static aircraft, custom animations, custom animated jetways, custom sounds, Wroclaw City landmarks
- Fully compatible with GSX Pro using Cartayna Files
It includes the following features.
- Hand crafted ground poly, textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Up to date airport layout reflecting the current, real-world location
- Fully modelled local POI's and surrounding buildings including San Gorgonio Pass wind farm!
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- GSX profile included
- Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system
Next is Velana International Airport (VRMM), the main hub in the Maldives, released by VueloSimple on Simmarket for $19.06.
It includes the following goodies
- Most detailed rendition of Velana International Airport.
- New Passenger terminal with interiors.
- New Control tower with interiors.
- Complete seaplante terminal with operational docks.
- Updated runway, custom taxiways, parking positions, and new GA and CARGO Aprons.
- All surrounding buildings modeled, including new VIP Lounge, Shopping Center by the sea, new fuel tanks zone, new cargo terminal and more.
- Hul Hule Island Hotel
- Detailed Masjid Sabeel mosque.
- China Friendship bridge.
- Fully custom night illumination.
Lastly, Frank Paìs International Airport (MUGH) serving Holguin in Cuba has been released by SGSceneries and it's available on Simmarket for $10.54.
- Hand-made detailed models of the main international terminal, domestic terminal and surrounding support buildings, featuring PBR textures
- Tour buses and car parks ready to take tourists to their holiday destinations
- Control towers and military apron included, with nearby bunkers and barracks
- Fully functioning night lighting