The Witcher 3 has been out for a few months and there have been some reported issues with it. To address problems people have had with the game, CD Projekt Red will be releasing Patch 1.07. According to the forums, Patch 1.07 will include:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations will be marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components will no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books will be placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read will be grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options will be available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams will be able to be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Patch 1.07 will be coming to all platforms and is meant to respond to some of the feedback they have been getting from the players. A few of the points on the list are pretty vague, and CD Projekt Red said they will be announcing more information about the patch later this week.
Most of these updates make menu navigation more convenient. This is great since finding things like specific books can be annoying as many of the icons are identical and I'm not always certain on how they're organized. Though I have never had too much of an issue with weight management, making the ingredients not have any weight is nice for people who want to carry more meaningful loot. Finally, the elephant in the room. That horse felt awful to ride, one of the worst horses I've ever ridden in a video game, I am glad that will be improved.
Most of what CD Project Red posted was clear, but I do hope that CD Project Red clarifies what they mean when they talk about an optional movement response for Geralt, as well as what "Multiple sorting options" means.
Are you still playing the Witcher 3? What do you think of the current patch notes? Let us know with a comment down below.