Today third-party developers had plenty of interesting news to share about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, on top of new releases.
We start with Taxi2Gate, which showcased two more images of its Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport (TFFR) serving the French island of Grande-Terre in Guadeloupe. Its release is defined as "near."
While the debut of the developer on the Microsoft Flight Simulator scene is already exciting, we also hear that it's working on two very relevant airports Orlando International Airport (KMCO) and Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (LFPG). After that, we get the promise that Taxi2Gate will bring over all of its previous airports, which is great since they have a very large and popular lineup on older simulators and TFFR certainly looks good.
Orbx announced a smaller but interesting airport, and specifically Chester Airport (KSNC) in Connecticut, United States, developed by indie partner Nicola Veneziani, who usually does a very good job with his add-ons.
Here's what it'll include and a few screenshots.
- Custom groundpoly with sloped runway & taxiways
- Conditional display of objects according to weather or time-of-day
- 4k textures with PBR
AzurPoly released a single screenshot of its C-160 Transall vintage military transport. We also get to see the sand effect which has been created especially for this aircraft.
Verticalsim released new screenshots of its Tampa International Airport (KTPA) in the US, showing the Sheltair and Signature hangars.
Moving on to releases, Skyline Simulations released Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (KCVG), also in the US. It's available on the developer's own store for $21.33.
It includes the following.
- Designed with the latest airport updates
- UHD Realistic Custom Textures
- Detailed HD Ground with PBR and decals
- Super Detailed 3D modeling
- PBR Materials on every building
- Thousands of 3D custom static objects
- Amazing and detailed night textures
- Accurate City using original OSM data
- Ground Traffic
- Animated Custom Jetways
- Animated Radar
Last, but not least, Miltech Simulations released its "UK Carrier Strike Group" which does pretty much what it says on the tin and is available on Orbx Direct for $10.42 including the following.
- Start your flights at the deck of HMS Queen Elizabeth or HMS Prince of Wales at any of the 10 locations around the globe (Static)
- NEW: 7 Moving carrier locations included (Not spawnable – identifiable with a POI Point (landmark) on the world map, which will spawn your aircraft in the air 0.5 Miles away from the carrier)
- Takeoff from the aircraft carrier deck using the famous Ski-Jump ramp
- All Type 23 Frigates and Type 45 Destroyers feature hard decks for helicopter flights.
- Fully Compatible with our other Carrier products (USS George Bush, Amphibious Ready Group)
- Static locations are fully compatible with MSFS Multiplayer. Moving locations not compatible (See notes below)
- Fully compatible with any aircraft, default or third party.
- Ultra-detailed Ships
- Ultra-detailed static aircraft on deck
- HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) – Spawnable (Static) and Moving
- HMS Prince of Wales (R09) – Spawnable (Static) and Moving
- Type 23 Frigates (Hard Deck)
- Type 45 Destroyers (Hard Deck)
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we host daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim.