Today, third-party developers released two airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator, but before we get to that, we have to convey tragic news.
As mentioned by developer Pyreegue on X (formerly Twitter) and confirmed on the Discord server of the Ukrainian Vatsim community, scenery developer TedStricker, whose real name is Anton, lost his life on Monday, November 27, while fighting on the frontlines to defend his country, Ukraine.
Anton is known among the community for creating several popular Ukrainian scenery add-ons which he has made available for free for everyone to enjoy. Among them, many will likely recognize the Chornobyl nuclear power plant and Pripyat, Kyiv City Landmarks, and Igor Sikorsky Kyiv International Airport, on top of several liveries.
Having used end enjoyed Anton's scenery since he started releasing it in 2020, I can certainly say that the community will miss his creativity and will to share the beauty and history of his country with us all.
Rest in peace, Anton.
The Secret Studio released Sultan Mahmud Airport (WMKN) serving Kuala Terengganu in Malaysia. It's available on Simmarket for $15.91.
It includes the following features.
- High quality custom buildings with PBR texturing.
- Our in house developed Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS).
- Custom animated jetways with audio and additional animation.
- Ambient audio emanating from the terminal.
- Custom, correctly aligned ILS.
- Extensive terraforming of the airfield and surrounding areas including runway extension and Takir Bay area.
- Highly detailed and accurate Passenger Terminal.
- Jambatan Angkat drawbridge landmark.
- Terengganu FC Football stadium.
- Custom AI driven ground vehicles: MAHB Isuzu Dmax, transporter buggies and Rosenbauer Panther fire tender.
- Several animated airport characters, which will be expanded upon in future updates.
- All items optimized as per MSFS FS2020 SDK recommendations.
Lastly, Burning Blue Design released Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome (EGZK) in the UK, with its collection of preserved First World War-era buildings and aircraft.
It's available on Orbx Direct for $13.37.
- Over 90 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on the October 2023 layout.
- Full custom night lighting.
- Animated hangar doors that close at night.
- Animated main gate which closes at night.
- Completely custom windsock and anemometer.
- Animated spectators.
- Real-life static aircraft at Stow Maries
- High-resolution color-corrected ground textures taken from Bing maps and manipulated for consistency and realism
As usual, please keep in mind that here on TechRaptor we publish daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news, to keep you informed regularly on what's happening in this complex hobby.
If you're interested, you can read our interview about the revival of Ukraine's "Dream" in the simulator, the Antonov An-225 "Mriya".