Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be releasing on the first of February for Steam. This is a PC port of the PS4 game that was released last year based on 2007's original Final Fantasy XII.
Available for $49.99 at launch, the upcoming Steam version will have a host of new features, on top of those which the original Zodiac Age added. Features added specifically to the Steam release are as follows:
- 60FPS capabilities
- Support for 21:9 ultra-wide monitors, with multi-monitor compatibility (3x16:9 for a 48:9 aspect ratio)
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus available from the game's beginning
- Original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions of the game's OST available in-game
- New "max license points" and "max Gil" boosters added to configuration screen
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards, and additional Steam integration
Final Fantasy XII tells the story of Ashe, a princess torn between loyalty to her kingdom and her personal morals, and Vaan, an orphan who dreams of being a sky pirate. Released in the US in 2006 and Europe in 2007 for the PlayStation 2, the game performed well commercially and critically. A high-definition remaster, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, was released worldwide on July 11, 2017 for the PlayStation 4. This enhanced version is based on the Japanese re-release of Final Fantasy XII, and adds that version's "Zodiac Job System" class mechanics. Also new are HD graphics and texture overhauls, trophy support and a remastered, re-orchestrated soundtrack. The Zodiac Age has shipped over 1 million units on PS4 since its release.
TechRaptor's own Connor Foss wrote a piece on Final Fantasy XII as part of 2017's 'Year of Final Fantasy'. You can read it here.
Will you be picking up Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on PC? Love the original or hate it? Let us know in the comments!